Massive Reveals

Members online

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
Just curious....is it just me or does anyone else struggle to get them dead straight?

I put a couple of floor to ceiling ones on the other day and maddened myself trying to eye them in.

I'd never really thought about it before so I paid special attention to others around the building.....if you look at the ones I did - I mean REALLY look, then you can see slight imperfections. They passed and it's not noticeable ...what I noticed though, was that there were a lot around the building that were much the same.

Do a lot of people find very long reveals hard work or am I just a spakker?

1545047405889.png
:coffe:

Just curious....is it just me or does anyone else struggle to get them dead straight?

I put a couple of floor to ceiling ones on the other day and maddened myself trying to eye them in.

I'd never really thought about it before so I paid special attention to others around the building.....if you look at the ones I did - I mean REALLY look, then you can see slight imperfections. They passed and it's not noticeable ...what I noticed though, was that there were a lot around the building that were much the same.

Do a lot of people find very long reveals hard work or am I just a spakker?
Take a pic if your brave enough

You’re just a spakker mate

That's what I thought.

Take a pic if your brave enough

I'd take a pic right enough mate, but I can't get it up on here.

They're not horrible, but when I put my super critical eye on them, I can see stuff that I didn't want to see. The guys(s) who did the building have left worse and they were presumably full time professional plasterers - theirs aren't horrible either but it's there to see when you really start putting your eye on them.

That's what I thought.

They're not horrible, but when I put my super critical eye on them, I can see stuff that I didn't want to see. The guys(s) who did the building have left worse and they were presumably full time professional plasterers - theirs aren't horrible either but it's there to see when you really start putting your eye on them.
take a pic to gallery. Click to upload photo go to files click on pic job done simple

take a pic to gallery. Click to upload photo go to files click on pic job done simple

It's getting pics on line at all mate....phone camera is f**k*d and new laptop doesn't have a card port for my proper camera - haven't bought a wire for it yet.

Anyway, I wasn't asking for a critque of my reveals, I was asking if other people struggle to get them bang on.

When floating reveals you can use your straight edge as well as a square to get it fairly good. When ready to skim just check again and any high spots can be scraped down then just a tight 2 coats of skim with a little suction better still.

That's what I thought.

Do you wear glasses?

Are you now what is known as a Bisby? .
Are they floated or on board
In the old days when all most frames were made from timber you would rule off using some some thin ply cut to a 90 degree. Then use the frame of the window as your guide to rule up .Now with all new windows being p.v. c.and the frame never straight I tend to do them free hand and If I can use a speedsKim to level off .

Frames are awful these days. Give them a straighten with a straight edge. If you pull a float up and down them too helps level them out and don't trowel it too soft or you will pull it out of shape