Masking up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsr

Hi, anyone advise what is best to use for speed and effectiveness for masking windows? Also, what is best to cover down pipes etc? Been using plastic sheeting but when the render sticks to it it gets heavy and peels off or is too loose to spray behind pipes. Any help? Cheers

Take downpipes off mate.

Cling film or window tape. Is good and speedy for the windows. A lot round here use the film roll that is sticky but its expensive compared to speedy mask and not as accurate down windows

we try and cover up the day before ,same time as we bead ,the low residue tapes are great for that , cuts down on the running around in the morning

Masking up the day before is great for a 6.30am start to spraying. Unless the overnight dew brings it off then you have to start again.

What a bugger when that happens!

You can get a liquid which you paint on to glass etc, turns to something that resembles rubber peals off really easy, sorry cant remember what its called. Seeing it also used to protect worktops.

That protec were useless last time I spoke to them. I asked several times for some samples and they never sent them.

in my experience of the spray tac resin that turns rubber for peeling after i would sta away. its very expensive and if you spray it too thin it still a mess to clean and it wont peel . waste of time and money. that blue film on ebay link is widely used too. but still not as accurate as low tac tape and speedy

Status
Not open for further replies.