Marshalltown s*p*r*lex

carts1987

Hi 1st time I've wrote on here, I'm a spread from Plymouth and been using the nela s*p*r*lex for finishing multi etc... But a mate of mine has recently bought a Marshalltown s*p*r*lex has anyone else heard of these or has experienced using one?? Thanks

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1483650874360.jpg
    FB_IMG_1483650874360.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 365
Look at the stats of the MT flexible trowel they seem to be an exact copy of the Nela flexy trowels...

Would I pay twice teh amount though and only have 1 year warranty... that is for you to decide....

Look at the stats of the MT flexible trowel they seem to be an exact copy of the Nela flexy trowels...

Would I pay twice teh amount though and only have 1 year warranty... that is for you to decide....

I saw one this week ... Underwhelmed I'm afraid.

no different than the nela same blade 0.3 thick also same as the new ox one aswell I've fuuked it off an use a nela mediflex which is a lot better

Which was copied from refina

Which was copied from refina

Maurerfreund (a manufacturer) originally released a 0.5mm blade x 5" in width. Reduced to a 0.4mm - this was sold by Refina, not designed or produced by them. This was in 2010 (approximately - as Maurerfreund only established that year)

Storch in Germany had a flexible trowel made for them in 2008....
NELA basically joined forces with a manufacturer in Germany (who made for Storch) and started producing their range. The flexible trowel NELA first brought out was 0.3mm x 4.3" - very different to any other in the U.K. but the same spec to what was sold in Germany, Netherlands and Belgium. The company they joined with had been making flex trowels for years before.

Just because one company introduced them to the UK before another doesn't mean they were the first in Europe.

Maurerfreund (a manufacturer) originally released a 0.5mm blade x 5" in width. Reduced to a 0.4mm - this was sold by Refina, not designed or produced by them. This was in 2010 (approximately - as Maurerfreund only established that year)

Storch in Germany had a flexible trowel made for them in 2008....
NELA basically joined forces with a manufacturer in Germany (who made for Storch) and started producing their range. The flexible trowel NELA first brought out was 0.3mm x 4.3" - very different to any other in the U.K. but the same spec to what was sold in Germany, Netherlands and Belgium. The company they joined with had been making flex trowels for years before.

Just because one company introduced them to the UK before another doesn't mean they were the first in Europe.

Very different from any other trowel lol it's a trowel FFS

Very different from any other trowel lol it's a trowel FFS

Agreed it's just a trowel. So how could someone have copied someone else, the first plastering trowel was made hundreds of years ago.

It's the differences in spec and size that make the product what it is

Anyway the marshal town ones do seem a bit pricey @Vincey said he was getting one ?

Or is that another lie lol
My mate took it to use as I'm away but tbh if he doesn't give it me back on return I ain't to bothered as am happy with Speedskim trowel plus I gotta mate making me a bespoke modern day tyzack type trowel that I've designed only thing I need for it is to sort a handle as I don't want wood,rubber or cork

Won't matter I'll not be buying one anyway, go back and see super flex work when it's painted, totally embarrassing experience, Marshalltown 14 x5 gold trowel for me, bit tougher on the elbow than a s*p*r*lex but better finish

no different than the nela same blade 0.3 thick also same as the new ox one aswell I've fuuked it off an use a nela mediflex which is a lot better
I prefer the medi flex myself. Far better trowel imo. I got a s*p*r*lex as a replacement for old s*p*r*lex warping on me, and I have only used it a handful of times. Defo prefer to use the medi.

Last edited:
Won't matter I'll not be buying one anyway, go back and see super flex work when it's painted, totally embarrassing experience, Marshalltown 14 x5 gold trowel for me, bit tougher on the elbow than a s*p*r*lex but better finish
Can be, but I assume that was down to ppl using it too early in the set, and you get the rippley thing in it. Don't use it until last run, or if the walls are in good order, second last run. So far so good, in my experience

What the plastering world needs is an adjustable, flexible, multi-handled midget trowel with a 45deg angle at one end, and 33deg at the other.........:inocente::lol:

Been using 16" permashape mt last 3 days....i thinks its a piss poor trowel.
I prefer a steel trowel...not stainless.
You wont get a flatter trowel.

Blue steel are a carbon type (rusty) not much different really.

They get bloody sharp and are supposed to wear for longer.

After 6 months work, they don't look or trowel up any different to a standard carbon for me.

After 6 months work, they don't look or trowel up any different to a standard carbon for me.
Got a blue steel taping knife, it's nice and flexible.......but rusts.....really rusts

The 18" i want is £129.
Hopefully last trowel bought for a while.