marmorit render systems

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used the marmorit silicone resin render (1.5mm grain). Need to know what sort of standard you need to get the backing coat to after ruling, I.E scraped and sponged, or just spatted, or spatted and sponged ect...?

If you are laying a base render that should be ruled say a 10 or 12mm backing etc then the standard should be always as good as it can be?
1.5mm wont hide hollows mate when the sun hits it, I would rule it up best you can you could float it, or cut it back but a smooth sponge finish wont matter as it is getting a texture finish

does this help

dont scrape it and leave it like that.....it uses too much top coat. Better to float up as normal or cut back with i section/nail float and then spongefloat smooth to close in.

I tried sponging a bit after I sectioning it this was the next day can you really bring it back?it was probably me but didn't sem to do anything??

what was it like when the top coat went on, did it look s**t? how hard was it when you I sectioned it? Its probably best to I-bar it (and sponge) the same day then eh?
I tried sponging a bit after I sectioning it this was the next day can you really bring it back?it was probably me but didn't sem to do anything??

the longer you spend on it the better it will be. Rule it flat show it the spatula and tickle it with a grid float later on. That's the easiest but not the best

Just work off ur day rate mate.......until you get your system down. The art of the thin coat base is pure alchemy and experimentation at best

Don't think it'd get to number 1 though although I'm sure the world would be interested in hearing about the quest for the ultimate thin coat base.....solve that one professor Brian cox!

Don't think it'd get to number 1 though although I'm sure the world would be interested in hearing about the quest for the ultimate thin coat base.....solve that one professor Brian cox!

your a nutter

Speaking of guns ive been using a long gun but you get to a point on the scaffold where the f**k**s upside down and awkward to use did some one say you can get a swivel for them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.