Marmorino block work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limestone coloured marmorino blockwork
polishedplaster10.jpg

yes its a finish called marmorino, its a style of marble plastering as its known in the uk. It comes in any colour and also in diff textures ie sizes of the marble grain...

yes its a finish called marmorino, its a style of marble plastering as its known in the uk. It comes in any colour and also in diff textures ie sizes of the marble grain...

a finish called marmorino? marmorino what? By the look of it, its a medium grained marmorino or possibly
a fine. I love the way everyone has a different name for it. Marmorino is a term used for what you
are doing? Its like someone floating a wall in bonding and then someone asking you what is it and you
reply...its plastering. lol same as marmorino. There actually isnt a translation for it. Marmo means marble.
Marmorino is the subject, but if your refering to an actual plaster then its medium grained such as carrara

Bang on Sparky. Longstroke- There's loads of finishes out there and they all have their proper names as stated previously. Sizes of grains are called microns and without getting to technical it's the size that creates texture. He's one for nice trivia question. What is Calcite finish, and also Michaelangelo - No there not fairies. Lol

Yes i understand what your saying but using simple terms so people can understand is how ive been discribeing the work ect... Marmorino classic was used for this job.

Bang on Sparky. Longstroke- There's loads of finishes out there and they all have their proper names as stated previously. Sizes of grains are called microns and without getting to technical it's the size that creates texture. He's one for nice trivia question. What is Calcite finish, and also Michaelangelo - No there not fairies. Lol

I believe Michaelangelo is a finish with streaks put into the carrara undercoat with a classico finish on top and when compressed and polished the streaks show through creating an amazing effect. Not sure about calcite and not going to cheat and look it up yet lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.