Market for Venetian marble plastering?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, i run my own plastering company and have been interested in polished plastering for a while and was thinking of doing a course at goldtrowel. Are clients hard to come by for this type of plastering? and how long does it take to realy get the hang of it as im not expecting to do the course and come out the end of it an expert. Are there greater rewards from this type of plastering as ive noticed the meterage prices are quite high or is this due to the expense of materials?

Hi All, i run my own plastering company and have been interested in polished plastering for a while and was thinking of doing a course at goldtrowel. Are clients hard to come by for this type of plastering? and how long does it take to realy get the hang of it as im not expecting to do the course and come out the end of it an expert. Are there greater rewards from this type of plastering as ive noticed the meterage prices are quite high or is this due to the expense of materials?

do it mate, you wont regret it, Most people have done their venetian with goldtrowel, including myself. Ive been around a few training centres for this, all overpriced, and you get do do sample boards only? and most use acrylic venetian (which is s**t)
But what happens after you leave the course and u get asked to do a massive wall..??
Will your sample boards carry u through? ....no

At Goldtrowel you do full size walls, ceilings the lot and endless amounts of sample boards with all
sorts of finishes...and lifetime support afterwards!

im looking at doin this course aswell, flynny did it diddnt it, although if i did the course i would advertise that i can do it but i wnt go hunting for the work until im 100% confident that ill do a pukka job.

im looking at doin this course aswell, flynny did it diddnt it, although if i did the course i would advertise that i can do it but i wnt go hunting for the work until im 100% confident that ill do a pukka job.

Yeah i read flynny's review on goldtrowel. id prob do that as well advertise on my website as a service provided but id want to get a few jobs under my belt before pushing it properly.

do it mate, you wont regret it, Most people have done their venetian with goldtrowel, including myself. Ive been around a few training centres for this, all overpriced, and you get do do sample boards only? and most use acrylic venetian (which is s**t)
But what happens after you leave the course and u get asked to do a massive wall..??
Will your sample boards carry u through? ....no

At Goldtrowel you do full size walls, ceilings the lot and endless amounts of sample boards with all
sorts of finishes...and lifetime support afterwards!

When did you do the course spark? is it hard to find jobs for this type of plaster?

im guessin its kinda hard to find the work for this venetian but i guess its all about finding the right client so instead of hitting the mass market go for the top end job and state that the kitchens and bathrooms will be done in marble finish plaster, show them a sample and if you got a builder chargin £300,000 for a house im sure that with a bit of salesmanship you can persuade them to spend a little more of the build cost to get a great price for the house, so basically go for it mate you never know where its going to lead you!

you do the course i will do the salesmenship then we share the profits......hows that sound?:RpS_thumbsup:

im waiting for the..........YOU CAN **** OFF :RpS_lol:

Hi Mate

I have a similar niche company applying clay plaster www.theclayplastercompany.co.uk and doing quite well from it, its all about marketing and tapping into that target market i know Andy from Goldtrowel and you wont go far wrong if you want training i beleive he is the best in his field.
do the course and keep pushing it out there.

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.