Mark up

Said exactly same other day...building materials carry on as they are people will stop being able to afford extensions etc
materials are shooting up, but it’s labour increasing more than materials that will be the issue. Either firms that employ direct or subbies, labours always the biggest cost.

I know loads of people not doing extensions now because of the costs.... I have stuck my prices up for everything now as well so I can add to thee inflation but it is what it is

materials are shooting up, but it’s labour increasing more than materials that will be the issue. Either firms that employ direct or subbies, labours always the biggest cost.
Big problem if you're locked into a contract, particularly if you rely on stubbies.

Absoloutley...but as we all know when the tipping point comes labour can & will reduce to ensure work comes in still...materials on the other hand is fixed.

Thats why i laugh at all these Billy big bollox that say so what it just gets passed on to customer...yeah thats fine & dandy on there 2 bags of skim living room ceiling jobs...

Absoloutley...but as we all know when the tipping point comes labour can & will reduce to ensure work comes in still...materials on the other hand is fixed.

Thats why i laugh at all these Billy big bollox that say so what it just gets passed on to customer...yeah thats fine & dandy on there 2 bags of skim living room ceiling jobs...
A race to the bottom again then?

Yes to a point if and when work becomes more scarce, but at present for me for instance My scaffold firm has just told me due to increased costs and his labour going up that work for him he’s putting his costs up to me for 20% from the end of the month. Fine if you can plan for that but for instance I’ve a decent project to start next month on a fixed price, which my scaffold has just gone up over a grand and that’s just one.
yep you can pass a few bags on, but not when you start adding up.

Yes to a point if and when work becomes more scarce, but at present for me for instance My scaffold firm has just told me due to increased costs and his labour going up that work for him he’s putting his costs up to me for 20% from the end of the month. Fine if you can plan for that but for instance I’ve a decent project to start next month on a fixed price, which my scaffold has just gone up over a grand and that’s just one.
Builders last year were only quoting prices on a monthly basis as the market for materials was so volatile

100% agree...that tipping points coming

Just completed a lovely little bungalow.£1800 cash,there bought mats.4 days.lovely jubbly..cavier this Xmas I reckon,roll with the good times

Just completed a lovely little bungalow.£1800 cash,there bought mats.4 days.lovely jubbly..cavier this Xmas I reckon,roll with the good times
1800 quid ffs that's your year sorted then you dikwad !! Lol lol

Without wishing to be mean; I hope that everyone stays busy enough that labour is in short supply for many years to come.
I think if you’ve built up a good business and got good clients then you will be ok.
A lot of it’s built on trust and most people are happy with that.

1800 quid ffs that's your year sorted then you dikwad !! Lol lol
lol
money run GIF by Juan Billy

Colombians have just put the day rate up for workers in coco fields.

That’ll get passed on to you!

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: