Mapei V Johnstones

AJG

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Mapei and Johnstones for external wall insulation. Any advantages/disadvantages? Thanks

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Mapei and Johnstones for external wall insulation. Any advantages/disadvantages? Thanks

Afternoon,

As Oli suggested, we do actually still supply the Mapei EWI system, also known as the Mapetherm system.

They have 3 topcoat options available, acrylic, silicone and Silcone plus. The latter being the best and most expensive.

I am happy to provide more information, please email or call me directly and I will be happy to help.

Ryan Hill
ryan@p1shop.co.uk

I've not used either to be honest, but plenty on here have.
I suppose it depends on what your going over i.e. Eps,phenolic,wool.

I've not used either to be honest, but plenty on here have.
I suppose it depends on what your going over i.e. Eps,phenolic,wool.
I think it would probably be eps. I have had 2 quotes just wondered if there was a difference in quality and thickness although it is all down to the installer.

I think it would probably be eps. I have had 2 quotes just wondered if there was a difference in quality and thickness although it is all down to the installer.
Mapei is it a good product so is Johnstone's
It's a 6 mil system regardless of product,
Johnstone's is a more popular choice due to cost and availability,
Ppg Johnstone's one of the largest coating companies in the world