Manual handling guidelines.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23452

Stop tittering at the back!

Why is it that the word "guidelines" can so often be substituted with the word "boll0cks"?
manualhandlingguidelines2.jpg

Looks like that only applies to ‘Brown’ people with green penises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I had to deal with stuff like this but I seem to remember those numbers reducing for repedative lifts. I have had to assist in the commissioning of more than a few lift assists based on a chart similar to that one.

It's one of those "one size fits all" guidelines that turn out to suit no one. If you cut out the macho BS at one end of the scale, and limp laziness at the other, most people can operate with a bit of common sense.

I've totted up as I go along on a couple of occasions and just moving bagged gear from pallet to room, or van to mixer and it's no time at all before you've shifted half a ton of gear. That's OK if you're fairly strong and reasonably fit and doing it infrequently. If you're expected (or expecting) to do it daily then you're going to fcuk yourself up in the medium/long term.

Tweaked my back k today... lifting big box... not heavy just odd shaped and twisting....

Off for a sauna in the morning that should sort it out

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

:sorprendido3::sorprendido3:
Tweaked my back k today... lifting big box... not heavy just odd shaped and twisting....

Off for a sauna in the morning that should sort it out

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Not heavy ,odd shaped and twisted is how I would describe you as well.

When I was labouring it was none of that stand back and assess the thing it was get it done and quick so two bags of finish at a time it was