Man and machine required

CeeVee

...for next week in Sheffield ... just for a day for a 55m gable to help us get it on.

As some might know my machine fooked up so I'm now without, and I was already obligated to do this job.
Might be rest of extension too if you want it.

PM me please

Any help is much appreciated!
Still looking for a man and machine if at all possible...

What are you saying ceeve- mesh and then top coat few days later?
Yeah I've got some serious dubbing out to do first, half in Monogris and half in Parinter all meshed (spec from parex).
With the days left without rain it'll be a week on Monday before topping.

Yeah I've got some serious dubbing out to do first, half in Monogris and half in Parinter all meshed (spec from parex).
With the days left without rain it'll be a week on Monday before topping.
Hmmm, you aware of the risks? I’ll rather do it wet on wet, or almost wet.

All the render spc bullshit from the companies. Just to put the price up using there s**t. Id scratch it with Sand and cement. And top it with the parex. Job done

All the render spc bullshit from the companies. Just to put the price up using there s**t. Id scratch it with Sand and cement. And top it with the parex. Job done
Like your style.
I dont even trust s/c nowadays tho

Like your style.
I dont even trust s/c nowadays tho

I know exactly how you feel with rendering, jobs just feel like potential bananna skins waiting to go wrong.

Its as though everythings there to conspire against you, weather, products & customers for not enough financial reward.

Then if you do hit any problems no remedial soloutions without being massivley out of pocket.

Next year im subbing out all my render work out as supply & fit and just aim to make 20% on top i either land them or i dont stuff it!

I know exactly how you feel with rendering, jobs just feel like potential bananna skins waiting to go wrong.

Its as though everythings there to conspire against you, weather, products & customers for not enough financial reward.

Then if you do hit any problems no remedial soloutions without being massivley out of pocket.

Next year im subbing out all my render work out as supply & fit and just aim to make 20% on top i either land them or i dont stuff it!
Thanks for that, we're just about to start a full render.

It is getting with modern renders, you have to wonder if its worth the worry.

At the start of the year there is the usual 5% price increase on materials but hard to get a labour increase? It used to be more labour less on materials but now its the other way around.

It is getting with modern renders, you have to wonder if its worth the worry.

At the start of the year there is the usual 5% price increase on materials but hard to get a labour increase? It used to be more labour less on materials but now its the other way around.
S&C is the way forward. I feel more in control when I can decide on ratios etc. As for material costs; way more profit to be made with S&C than bagged materials in my experience.

I don't get the way u lot look at rendering tbh. I do God knows how meny m2 a year. I just go in bang it on the walls f**k off home and don't think about it. Its only render. Never get meny problems at all. And when I do get a problem it's 99% of the time it would be baged render. Crack here and there. As it's pure s**t compared to old school sand and cement if u have good plastering sand. But the baged render does dry out better looking more even colour. I make a lot more money rendering then I do skimming. Find other trades look up to you when u are rendering. U are on the same level as a painter when skimming lol it's a tramps job just skimming. Now I'm having caviar for me breakfast.

S&C is the way forward. I feel more in control when I can decide on ratios etc. As for material costs; way more profit to be made with S&C than bagged materials in my experience.

I make more money with baged reader. But I don't supply it. I got €20+ m2 Labour using it. We would average 80m2 to 120m2 a day. 2-1 gang and machine. Depends on the job.

I much prefer the Sand and Cement ways. You need a damn good labourer though. But I made money. The materials bill is low. Opposite on the bagged stuff.

I am getting phone calls for pebble dashing and no one is interested. The modern renderers wont touch it. I find it easy and brainless.

I don't get the way u lot look at rendering tbh. I do God knows how meny m2 a year. I just go in bang it on the walls f**k off home and don't think about it. Its only render. Never get meny problems at all. And when I do get a problem it's 99% of the time it would be baged render. Crack here and there. As it's pure s**t compared to old school sand and cement if u have good plastering sand. But the baged render does dry out better looking more even colour. I make a lot more money rendering then I do skimming. Find other trades look up to you when u are rendering. U are on the same level as a painter when skimming lol it's a tramps job just skimming. Now I'm having caviar for me breakfast.

It is that odd crack that causes mayhem. It stops you getting paid. But with polymer modified base coat, mesh, how and why should that happen.

My last crack was in 2011 and everyone on here knows about that story.

Can I have first dibs at quoting , I’m only down road from you and would be happy to do it ,
Tbh I been on a mission to really push on and go full time on exterior works this year and next year i have bookings already with gaps I need to fill

Can I have first dibs at quoting , I’m only down road from you and would be happy to do it ,
Tbh I been on a mission to really push on and go full time on exterior works this year and next year i have bookings already with gaps I need to fill

More than welcome if you can make the traveling worth your while pal!

It is that odd crack that causes mayhem. It stops you getting paid. But with polymer modified base coat, mesh, how and why should that happen.

My last crack was in 2011 and everyone on here knows about that story.

I do new block work John. 7 Newton concrete block. A small job would be 300m2. For me to use a bace coat and full mesh on it would cost a lot more money and time. I'd may as well do it in sand and cement.