malc saves the day

Members online

No members online now.

Ftp321

@malc,
Screenshot_20191018_150115_com.android.chrome.jpg
electric tripping I was getting in a right panic couldn't sort it out ringing around no one had a sensible answer found this old thread, worked a treat(y)

It does sound it doesn't it?
It is because it could generally be a fault. Without the earth connected in the the plug the only way the fault can get to earth is through the person holding on to the machine. It can only take 50 milliamperes to kill an adult so if the machine is 2200 watts that’s nearly 9 Amps of current which is 9000 milliamperes. Only a fool would disconnect the earth and work with the machine.

i think an earth cable is health and safety gone mad, cut them off if it means you get to work in the rain.

It is because it could generally be a fault. Without the earth connected in the the plug the only way the fault can get to earth is through the person holding on to the machine. It can only take 50 milliamperes to kill an adult so if the machine is 2200 watts that’s nearly 9 Amps of current which is 9000 milliamperes. Only a fool would disconnect the earth and work with the machine.
Regularly get a shock of the ritmo and leads,
Got marigolds for when it's raining, Ive had shocks of three-phase plenty of times,
Anyway I've got labourers to be the fools

yes and its only 230 now so not even a tickle.
It actually comes out of the transformer at 255V. Nothing changed apart from the nominal voltage to earth written in the regs book due to fluctuation at peak times. Plus it’s not the voltage that gets you it’s the Amps.

It actually comes out of the transformer at 255V. Nothing changed apart from the nominal voltage to earth written in the regs book due to fluctuation at peak times. Plus it’s not the voltage that gets you it’s the Amps.
I eat amps for breakfast:frio: