Makita radio problems

Olican

Private Member
Both my dab makita radios have stopped working off batteries, have to plug them in. Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? Cheers lovers x

yes its a pain in arse..
sparky on job showed me a trick which has made it work.perfectly for 6months now.
get a small bit of metal/paperclip and wedge it in the power input hole. makes it work off batteries somehow.
ill send a pic in morning show you

yes its a pain in arse..
sparky on job showed me a trick which has made it work.perfectly for 6months now.
get a small bit of metal/paperclip and wedge it in the power input hole. makes it work off batteries somehow.
ill send a pic in morning show you

Cheers Dan, much obliged [emoji106]

Mate two months ago mine just stopped working altogether, was fine the previous day then nothing.

Had a similar problem with a metabo 10.8v radio
I was sent a replacement which has been fine for a year and I still have the first one so might try this out.

Mines was working till I picked up another transit for the lad that works for me. The aerial was missing from the top of the cab for the radio so he brick taped the makita aerial on and his radio now works fine lol that was 8 months ago and it's still working, I'll post a pic tomorrow

Just tried that trick but nobody said I had to unplug it! :rayos::loco:
2017-02-05-18-27-55--2030737531.jpg

I had problems with mine a few months back, unscrewed it all and opened it up - was moisture/condensation inside causing shorting!

So I dried it out, stuck it on a radiator and it worked fine after (touch wood)

Both my dab makita radios have stopped working off batteries, have to plug them in. Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? Cheers lovers x

Both of them ??
Is it country and western in 1 room and reggae in the other !!!
Right i need 2 radios....anything to brighten the day !!

The other day mine started making this horrible whining, irritating noise that i could not understand and it was really getting on my nerves and made me want to smash the radio..............then i realized that it was on Steve wright in the afternoon going on about some jockin or sumat .GRRRrrrrrr:muyenojado:

The steve Wright show is mainly them reading out articles they've found on the Internet and suckling up to guests! A lazy show.

My radio is old, cheap and just about knackered....speakers are fine and it tunes in quite well...however my main problem with it is that I frequently get quiz questions wrong.......do you think I should update to dab?.......:inocente:

f**k that shite just get a Bluetooth speaker and get spotify on instead no annoying djs or adverts if you pay a premium

I hate it when there are two or three radios within earshot, all tuned to different stations....
One bloke has "encore radio"....all tunes from west end musicals....another has "radio x"...then there's me giving it large with a bit of "smooth"...
What a feckin din....lol

I hate it when there are two or three radios within earshot, all tuned to different stations....
One bloke has "encore radio"....all tunes from west end musicals....another has "radio x"...then there's me giving it large with a bit of "smooth"...
What a feckin din....lol

I know and there will always be someone who thinks they own the site that wants talk radio or something on... normally the person who thinks they are the most educated out of the lot :D :D

What a feckin din....lol

Worse than that is 2 radio's on the same station ..... 1 on DAB, the other on FM.