making your own tools

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made my first hawk and i have made a few small floats but my old mans tools was either made by him or by some one he knew i still use a shovel he had made for hardwall.

Bod said:
I made my first hawk and i have made a few small floats but my old mans tools was either made by him or by some one he knew i still use a shovel he had made for hardwall.

where the wooden floats any good? i might make one tomorrow on my dinner

kirk... years ago i made a coving trowel for some grano skirting we were doing,and also make our scratchers using old splash brushes and bike wheel spokes.

garry2 said:
kirk... years ago i made a coving trowel for some grano skirting we were doing,and also make our scratchers using old splash brushes and bike wheel spokes.

i used the metal part of the bucket handle for my scratcher and i made it three times bigger than a normal one ;)

frikin dropped the normal one down a cavity :( £5 bloody quid that cost me! and ot was only two years old

get a piece of stop bead and snip the edge of the wing and pull them out da daaaaaaaah ;D

kirk johnstone said:
garry2 said:

i used the metal part of the bucket handle for my scratcher and i made it three times bigger than a normal one ;)

frikin dropped the normal one down a cavity :( £5 bloody quid that cost me! and ot was only two years old

wow thats like £2.50 a year you must have money 2 (french word) away!

The ones i have made have been made from what ever was lying around mainly pine and the grain running the length of it but i dont think it matters as long as its smoothed off with sand paper and rubs up nice.

lol

we made a wooden float for doing lime render years ago...

My old boss made a scratcher from a old splash brush and pop rivets

Danny

Made a scratcher for rendering years ago from fence wire twisted around with four prongs on it,also made dont laugh a whisk out of the same material a long time ago too that fitted in my old power drill.

I once made a toothpick from a 100' pine tree. Or was that a cartoon beaver that did that?

jesus kirky, there's more 2 life than throwing s**t on walls and ceilings. I made me
own bed one day but it dont make me a chippie ;D

NEW POST

Anyone make their own sandwiches ???

irish_spread said:
jesus kirky, there's more 2 life than throwing (german word) on walls and ceilings. I made me
own bed one day but it dont make me a chippie ;D

NEW POST

Anyone make their own sandwiches ???

haha you say that but you are chating away to plasterers on a plastering forum in general discussions on plastering section until 10:30 ::)

kettle black maybe

and na my missus does the sarnies, i dont have time as i am normaly reading books on plastering ;D

im reading, taking note and commenting i'll have u know ;D
I'm divorced now and have the luxury of going the caff every day ;)
My cleaner makes the bed AND my tools, shes called Anya :D

irish_spread said:
im reading, taking note and commenting i'll have u know ;D
I'm divorced now and have the luxury of going the caff every day ;)
My cleaner makes the bed AND my tools, shes called Anya :D

ANYA haha anya can clean up that mess as well ;D

sorry to hear about your divorce mate :(

islandview said:
Wheres jimfish??

I thought he would have posted by now.
Hello i make my own tools aswell as you know but there are some very good ideas within this thread thats how inventions are created but not to copy an original but to create something new think about this .focus on something long enough and an idea will come to you. Try and create a tool that has the uses of two or three tools combined then register it get yourself a manufacturer distributer and so on spend a load of money on it not knowing if you will get it back go full out and promote it everywhere then after all that waiting for it to become a seller put your next invention out All the best keep em coming jimfish.

i made the misses a electrofide vbrating butt plug.When i lick it afterwards it reminds me ok being a kid and you used to put your tounge on a battery.

ive got a plastic shovel for hardwall nicked it when the roadsweeper was having a crafty fag 8)

The old boy i served my time with used to make his own tools, Marine ply handboard and floats made from yellow pine lovely tools for render, board was a bit heavy when it had gear on it mind

I made my own mixing stick once.

I got this stick and mixed with it and that was that, f*ckin tool making genius I am :)

I have a patent on a tool that allows the user to ascend and descend ladders using both hands and when in position the plasterer-
renderer can commence work with three points of contact, the trowel is loaded in on sweep while you are still holding a rung.this saves
money and time on scaffolding while safety is not compromised.

I have a patent on a tool that allows the user to ascend and descend ladders using both hands and when in position the plasterer-
renderer can commence work with three points of contact, the trowel is loaded in on sweep while you are still holding a rung.this saves
money and time on scaffolding while safety is not compromised.

Alreet Marra,Welcome to the forum. Ya diggin up some old post here. You got any pics of ya invention??

Status
Not open for further replies.