Make good plaster

Members online

Plaster1120

Hi I’m new to this, managed to get my hands on the new make good multi finish, anyone used this and can tell mE there’s anything I should know about any differences to normal BG multi
Thanks

I did mange to get a decent finish with this the other day. Mixed it up a lot wetter than BG, put a really tight first coat on 1mm then left it until it went firm, (time varies depending on background) don’t put second coat on until its firm. Then apply another tight second coat. I found the tighter you get it on the wall the better finish. Left it for half an hour then flattened it. Left it for another half an hour then used a flexi trowel and a lot of water. Then another half an hour water and flexi trowel again. Then polished it once it was set. I found if u put it on to thick then you can get into a bit of trouble. And don’t trowel it to much I found that really hard leaving it alone but trust me leave it alone! Hope this helps you a bit

It’s getting loads of mixed reviews I’ve sin. Some people get on with it and some don’t. I have been using it for a week now. The finish is nice and it’s really easy to use. Just hope the paint goes onto it nice. Still waiting on the painters opinion!

I did mange to get a decent finish with this the other day. Mixed it up a lot wetter than BG, put a really tight first coat on 1mm then left it until it went firm, (time varies depending on background) don’t put second coat on until its firm. Then apply another tight second coat. I found the tighter you get it on the wall the better finish. Left it for half an hour then flattened it. Left it for another half an hour then used a flexi trowel and a lot of water. Then another half an hour water and flexi trowel again. Then polished it once it was set. I found if u put it on to thick then you can get into a bit of trouble. And don’t trowel it to much I found that really hard leaving it alone but trust me leave it alone! Hope this helps you a bit
Alright mate yeh contrasting outcomes I find less fatigue using the stuff ,I’ve put it on thick but a fair size ceiling and can still use a speedskim on it after 25 mins
I’ve got some artex on Monday have u used it on that yet

Alright mate yeh contrasting outcomes I find less fatigue using the stuff ,I’ve put it on thick but a fair size ceiling and can still use a speedskim on it after 25 mins
I’ve got some artex on Monday have u used it on that yet
Ye it’s defiantly easier! I haven’t gone straight over artex with it. But I have used there bonding on a big patch of wall and gone over the bonding with it. I’d defiantly give It a coat of bonding first, then go over that with the multi skim.

Used it the other day for the 1st time it spreads good and goes a long way but it takes ages to go off and you have to leave it firm rite up before 2nd coating. I wouldn't buy it again unless I was really desperate as it just takes to long and the finish is not as good as multifinish.

Ive often read this forum but never felt the need to post until today, I used a bag of this make good finish and its awful stuff! I watched the video, followed all their instructions. But it takes forever to set and I couldn't get a decent finish out of it and I've been a spead over 20 years. Its probably good for the DIYer who wants to slap it on then sand it back but i felt so angry that I was sold this inferior product. After spending hours in a customers house waiting for this to go off. The other bags are going back to b and q.

Ive often read this forum but never felt the need to post until today, I used a bag of this make good finish and its awful stuff! I watched the video, followed all their instructions. But it takes forever to set and I couldn't get a decent finish out of it and I've been a spead over 20 years. Its probably good for the DIYer who wants to slap it on then sand it back but i felt so angry that I was sold this inferior product. After spending hours in a customers house waiting for this to go off. The other bags are going back to b and q.
What background was u plastering onto? Ye the how to use it video ent the best!

Take them Birmingham and exchange if yer near