magnesium straight edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

currently on a job doing hardwall and skim and was wondering about getting a stronger straight edge or darby.
fed up of the aluminium ones bending too easy.

i saw the marshalltown mag 1s on ebay a year or so back but cant find them anymore and does any1 know if they are stronger.

thanks

ps there should be made of titanium 8)

pftmonojetman said:
I use a H section for floating prefere them to feather edges.

is that the h section feather edge from refina or something else jetman?

Hmmmmm , bending a feather edge on hardwall , i think your going wrong somewhere along the line, that shouldn't be happening

The magnesium straight edges are nice and rigid but quite pricey, the best aluminium feather edges I have found are by a company called Tayler Tools or that might be Talylor Tools can't quite remember as they last so well, and all my work is with sand and cement. These are rigid enough to use up to 2.5 metres without any problems.

Pug said:
pftmonojetman said:
I use a H section for floating prefere them to feather edges.

is that the h section feather edge from refina or something else jetman?
The cross section is a (h) shape very comfortable to use, because of the shape there quite rigid too,

was looking at them earlier today, thought the shape would make it easier to grip, might treat meself!

church said:
Hmmmmm , bending a feather edge on hardwall , i think your going wrong somewhere along the line, that shouldn't be happening

they seem to get damaged or bent in the van or when i am not using it, had about 3 wickes ones and they are only 4ft (darby) looking to get a 6ft darby a good 1 at the right price.

seen some on ebay silverline i think but i like to see whatever im buying before i part with cash.

The marshalltown magnesium feather edges are back on ebay again, mind you they are £70 including postage. When making a decent job of floating or rendering the only use for a darby is to hang my jacket on.

sorry thats the german version go to plasterer discount.com 10 staight edges 73 euros

I love useing a darbie frist, when roughing, usually use a 4ft darbie to move it all around like a big trowel, then get the 6ft straight edge out to check it all, and make any adjustments.

My uncle use to be so good on the darbie it was unreal. Use to get it perfect with it. couldn't get a fag paper behind it after lol.

mein vist ze heavy duty STRAIGHT EDGE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........sie lighten duty straight edge DOES TEND TO CUP YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..........because dey ist THICKER SECTIONS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.......DO YOU UNDERSTAND WOULD YOU LIKE TO EAT SOME SAUSAGES :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.