machine talk

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you turn up first thing spray it on the **** off? sounds like a good idea and what would you be wanting for this service?

this time of year ,,last thing ,next day scratch .As for how much mate ?how much does someone want me to put on ?you sound like you know the game ,it still has to be scratched up

forget the scratch and the beadin up its already done or maybe there are no beads and it doesnt need scratchin, for you to turn up and lets say a 50m gable, you should spray it in a couple of hours what are you gonna be wantin? Do you want a metre price or a price for the day? It sounds like a good idea you dont have the hassle of buyin gear or wether the finish is good.

Why not do the job and scrape it back what's the difference

Wake up spunky lets say ive got a job to render a gable, i ring keith up he arrives at 7am he has it sprayed for 11am then fucks off. He was never getting the job coz ive got it, he doesnt need to price it, order gear, worry about the finish, chase the money up and he gets paid and everyones on a winner.

Cool he gets half the money then loses the rest of the day

He doesnt get half of anything he gets what he wants and he is getting something when he was getting nothing. It makes sense if he is just goin round the country doing this, hes gonna be on a winner coz the works coming to him, he doesnt have any responsibility appart from turning up and leaving early :) probably be on more money.

There isn't any work and there's lads spraying and scraping back I don't get the niche Market if anything he's ******* about the people he's working for because they have to organise labour to scrape it back

Lets say ive got a job and youve got a job we both dont own a machine but we have a 50m gable. We ring keith, currier, andy or monkey. They turn up spray then **** off. Its a service that can be offered i would give them a call if i needed them and lets have it right anyone can do it coz there is no skill required to spray it.

We know the machines are quicker at getting it on and they are expensive so this kills two birds with one stone, it also depends what your getting for the job and how much someone would want to come down and just spray it on for you.

But what if your a small gang ,maybe two guys ?if its sprayed on for you ,they may look at larger contracts ?

But what if your a small gang ,maybe two guys ?if its sprayed on for you ,they may look at larger contracts ?

Thats true but then you might aswell get a machine if your gonna go down that route. It would be a good service if it was available you wouldnt have to worry about forking out for the machine,maintaining and storing it.

But if your not rendering day in day out who wants to spend that sort of money ,the thing is every one is having ago at monocouche as they think its big money ,yes with a machine you can earn good money ,if the jobs right ,same on all works

I can see flynnymans point but did not plastering go this way with guys just tacking or dabbing and lets not forget skimmers hang on they call them plasterers nowdays.

I totally agree with Flynny, this sounds like it could be a good idea. Yes Dave we all know it can be put on by hand just as we all know that there are circumstances where a machine is just more practical, in terms of getting the gear to the wall and in speed of application. I can tack but do I usually do it? No because a tacker will get it done quicker for me. I can screed as well but do I normally do them? No because again a screeder will get more metres done a day and meanwhile this frees me up to get on with the work that I'm quick at and/or prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.