Machine playing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickyboy

Hi guys

Had a **** day, 2 day machine played up just as we were finishing our spray. Ended up going to chesterfield to get a new part and when I got back it was wrong. How many times does you machine play up and ruin your days spraying?

Had a jammed water pump a little while back. Good convo with Andy @ PFT Central, and we managed to repair it over the phone.
Thanks Andy.

Always, a good tool box, R+S,'s ,filters,rubber seals, spray caps,hose fittings,dosing screw.......Oh and half butt, whisk and hawk n trowel.

We only have an Mtec M300. So cant really comment on any other. But its a good powerfull 3 phase , and has served us well at even 12 lifts high.

We keep talking about a smaller machine to add to this, but are always so busy , nothing gets sorted.

I'm using the putzmeister mp 25 . Have used they G 4 but it was 20 years ago in Germany . Would like to use the g5 to compare with the putzmeister

g5 is bigger than the putz mp25. the g4 light is about the same size. When their pumping they are all pretty much the same. I find the G4 easiest to work on and replace parts plus most parts are available within 24 hrs, which is the only time you will notice any difference in machines.

I'd stick to whoevers nearest for emergency parts etc. for me it's bloner up da road(swansea) but have previously out of desperation left at the crack of dawn for Cheltenham and then les waay up north for parts on the day, madness but that's what machines can do to you especially when you first start and ur keen to not upset or fall behind on jobs.

Don't know about you boys but my blood pressure must be sky high until it starts spraying on the wall then I can feel it dropping back to a normal level
So know that feeling mate .all been there and still today ,it is always in the back of your mind ,will it be ok ,always is ,or phone Les

It's like owning an old car and being an amateur mechanic to keep it running. Things crop up that can stop you in your tracks and you make a mess with nothing on the wall. That's the stuff of high blood pressure. After a while you start quickly diagnosing problems, solve them and get the spray on with no issues. This is when people chip in and say 'that's the way to get it on boys isn't it!' That's because it looks like you just turn up and switch it on and off it goes. Like the old duck analogy....calm on the surface but paddling like fukc underneath. It's fair to say I've never been so stressed as trying to earn money by getting paid for doing a good job but at the same time slogging through all the issues that pop up when you start machine plastering. Can well understand how people never get the stabilisers off and eBay their machines. If your the amateur mechanic type/geek then you'll be ok, if your looking to just switch something on and off it goes earning you loads of cash....then make sure you keep the receipt

i had some shitty days when i first got mine,
and the problem is when your on the wall, you might be up to speed using it, but it doesnt mean the lad loading it up on the ground is astute as you.

just helped grump out the other day monoing the back of a house. we had 5 guys standing with cups of tea watching us set up. they watched us get the kit out, set up, and spray half of it. ******* annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.