machine plastering health and safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

grump

i have sold one of my pumps on the basis that the guy can have it for a week (now turned into two) to try it out at £250.00 per week. if he keeps then the rent is free. i trained him on it for a day. they filmed me setting it up, then set it up themselves and pumped, then cleaned out.

they left it near four days before they first used it, struggled like fcuk (as we all have) they fcuked up the water flo rates, threw water in the hopper, couldn't get the cleaning shaft in, pumped dry gear, pissy gear, at one point they didn't even know if it was switched on or off.

they tried again on friday, pumped mono through but on the render gun they had the mortar hose shut off but air line open. just imagine how quick the pressure gauge shot up. poor pump was trying to push gear down the line with it clamped off at the gun. in there panic they decided to try disconnect the mortar hose from the pressure gauge and the lad got whacked by the hose and it dislocated his knee cap. ended up in hospital. this was last friday.

so i get a call today from the buyer, says health and safety have got involved, probably as his lad went to hospital. not sure if he was employed or subbie. he says he has told health and safety inspector that i have shown them how to use it and it was an error on his part. he wants me to sign something to this has happened. he also wants me to say that the lad who got injured was trained also, which he wasn't.

first thing i say is i accept no responsibility for that accident, he says yeah thats fine its just so we can tie things up our end on paper.

he has payed me in cash (full sale price) for the pump, i don't expect to see the pump again as they now are successfully spraying and can see the finical potential of spraying renders.

my question is, would you sign anything? I'm thinking not, but he seems genuine but experience and instinct says no.

Last edited:
......he says he has told health and safety inspector that i have shown them how to use it and it was an error on his part. he wants me to sign something to this has happened. he also wants me to say that the lad who got injured was trained also, which he wasn't......

....how you can prove at the court that you show them how to use machine correct ? maybe inspector can decide something you did not tell them o told do something wrong etc
if he also wants you to say that the lad who got injured was trained also, which he wasn't...how much he laying to every one?

i have sold one of my pumps on the basis that the guy can have it for a week (now turned into two) to try it out at £250.00 per week. if he keeps then the rent is free. i trained him on it for a day. they filmed me setting it up, then set it up themselves and pumped, then cleaned out.

they left it near four days before they first used it, struggled like fcuk (as we all have) they fcuked up the water flo rates, threw water in the hopper, couldn't get the cleaning shaft in, pumped dry gear, pissy gear, at one point they didn't even know if it was switched on or off.

they tried again on friday, pumped mono through but on the render gun they had the mortar hose shut off but air line open. just imagine how quick the pressure gauge shot up. poor pump was trying to push gear down the line with it clamped off at the gun. in there panic they decided to try disconnect the mortar hose from the pressure gauge and the lad got whacked by the hose and it dislocated his knee cap. ended up in hospital. this was last friday.

so i get a call today from the buyer, says health and safety have got involved, probably as his lad went to hospital. not sure if he was employed or subbie. he says he has told health and safety inspector that i have shown them how to use it and it was an error on his part. he wants me to sign something to this has happened. he also wants me to say that the lad who got injured was trained also, which he wasn't.

first thing i say is i accept no responsibility for that accident, he says yeah thats fine its just so we can tie things up our end on paper.

he has payed me in cash (full sale price) for the pump, i don't expect to see the pump again as they now are successfully spraying and can see the finical potential of spraying renders.

my question is, would you sign anything? I'm thinking not, but he seems genuine but experience and instinct says no.
Apart from the h&s bit laughed like **** at the rest ,brings back some many nightmares !

What they are trying to do and it happens with every accident they are looking to share the blame wether its 1% or 100% they will look to share the blame. Dont sign anything, email, text or **** all.

thats my instinct, when people ask for signatures it usually means so they can use it against you if needed. shame the way the world works. lets all fcuk each other over!

there is a lot of used pumps out there being sold everyday, fcuking annoys me that the shirts are trying to ponse off us. also the gutless spread who bought it should have drawn a line under it and said its fcuk all to do with the bloke that flogged it, we cocked up. big deal. who hasnt cocked up a pump they first bought

thats a funny one about his knee. that must have given him a right wack. sounds like they were running round like headless chickens!

Don't sign, you have not trained any ONE, you shown the the guy how you set up and how YOU use it that's it !!, there was no training involved ! You admit to training any one and it's a slippery slope

thats a funny one about his knee. that must have given him a right wack. sounds like they were running round like headless chickens!
Lol, we did have a giggle after he hung up on me in a panic! Apparently it was pumping a nice consistency then they connected the hose and gun and nothing come out the gun and he reckons the gun weren't shut off, yeah good one guess it must have been blocked up with all that thin air and water!

at least he didn't get whacked in the nut sack

I don't think they understood the gravity of my saying keep an eye on that pressure if something doesn't seem write. I hope the cash is real!

Maybe the health & safety executive wants to use this as a training senario for what not to do............:RpS_thumbsup:.Tell them you want a percentage for all the dvd's they sell with your machine in.............:RpS_thumbup:

Mate the guy just needs to put it down to experance it has happened to the best of us ,so funny and no dont sign nothing it got f..k all to do with u pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.