Machine insurance

Members online

Jim85

Hi Iv been looking around for machine insurance and liability insurance for the me and the 2 guys who work with me. 10 grand on the machine cover Plus legal cover and all that bollox it's around 800 quid a year.

Does that sound about rite? Iv never bothered before but I think it's about time I start being responsible!

Hi Iv been looking around for machine insurance and liability insurance for the me and the 2 guys who work with me. 10 grand on the machine cover Plus legal cover and all that bollox it's around 800 quid a year.

Does that sound about rite? Iv never bothered before but I think it's about time I start being responsible!

That sounds a bit steep to me... @Plasterers1StopShop any of your customers insure a machine??

Hi Guys,

I have found some information out for you and tried accessing a few different things, here is basically whats required for your machine insurance:

For larger contractors, the most obvious way to include this is in the form of a contract works policy. This policy can provide All Risks cover for ‘own Plant’ on any UK site. These policies generally include increased excess’ for Theft and Malicious damage perils due to limited security on certain sites.

For smaller contractors there is always an option of including ‘Tools & Plant’ cover under their Public Liability insurance policy.

We use a company called Jelf | Clarke Roxburgh - the guy we use is called Adam and he is a very helpful guy who will be willing to offer advice to you. His contact details are below:

Adam Hewlett Cert CII Commercial Account Executive
Jelf | Clarke Roxburgh
Tel: 01432 484042 Mob: 07850308833

Hi Guys,

I have found some information out for you and tried accessing a few different things, here is basically whats required for your machine insurance:

For larger contractors, the most obvious way to include this is in the form of a contract works policy. This policy can provide All Risks cover for ‘own Plant’ on any UK site. These policies generally include increased excess’ for Theft and Malicious damage perils due to limited security on certain sites.

For smaller contractors there is always an option of including ‘Tools & Plant’ cover under their Public Liability insurance policy.

We use a company called Jelf | Clarke Roxburgh - the guy we use is called Adam and he is a very helpful guy who will be willing to offer advice to you. His contact details are below:

Jelf | Clarke Roxburgh
Sorry it's off thread topic but does the p1ss in Nottingham have it's own website ? Just had a look but goes to main site
Thanks

Hi Guys,

Jelf | Clarke Roxburgh
And what's the dudes name that runs that branch?

ive got a separate policy to cover all our tools/plant. theres plenty of policies about to suit, our 3 machines all other stuff generators, power tools etc, was about 400 quid a year for 40 grand of stuff.

I got a quote from direct line last night and for the same cover it was just over 6 hundred quid

i got £6000 worth of cover for £100 with my van insurance.I know it wont cover the full cost for replacing everything but will go a good way toward it.

I'd ring my van insurance company but when I go on go compare and get my van insurance I pick the cheapest one. And they're cheap cos they're farking useless

Thats about right. U maybe lucky to get 100 quid less but once you add subbies its only going up.

Whos that with