Machine hire for bucket coat renders

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

22jasper

Question for Blones,Monkey or anyone in the know.

Would there be machines like ritmo etc to hire for a week to spray bucket renders. If so, at what rates/cost/deposit?
Would I need to prime if spraying?

Backing coats have been sprayed, but never sprayed bucket, so i'm guessing a heads up would be required first?

If you dont want to discuss on the forum, please PM me. Cheers

Jasper,

I went for a demo of the M100, spraying bucket coats. Does the job. You could hire one to see how you get on.

The duo will spray bucket coat, but is twice the cost of the M300, and since you already have one of those. A smaller machine dedicated to bucket coats may be the less pricier option.

Id like to have a demo of the ritmo though, for bucket coat ,its versatility beats the M100 hands down with regards to other materials as well.

I;m sure some one will be along soon, keen to sell or hire you their machines.

Question for Blones,Monkey or anyone in the know.

Would there be machines like ritmo etc to hire for a week to spray bucket renders. If so, at what rates/cost/deposit?
Would I need to prime if spraying?

Backing coats have been sprayed, but never sprayed bucket, so i'm guessing a heads up would be required first?

If you dont want to discuss on the forum, please PM me. Cheers

Not sure where you are in the country mate , but Gary at Markham in Sheffield is a very helpfull chap

Just after a short term use of a sprayer. The job in question is 115ml(900m2) around the building, so dont know whether 3 phase or 110v is best to use.

Not too sure about outlaying 6-7k on machine!

Mark - i think the ritmo is the better option

Warrior - Cornwall, mate. do markham hire, or will i get the sales pitch?

if you just want to spray the final coat ... get it ready and give me a shout and ill come do it for you

There you go mate, Rich has the pft swing , should piss that, and ye markham do hire but by the time you've hired the gear , you may as well get rich to spray it for you, just hide any food you got on site and make sure the scaffolds reinforced cos he's a fat fooker

There you go mate, Rich has the pft swing , should piss that, and ye markham do hire but by the time you've hired the gear , you may as well get rich to spray it for you, just hide any food you got on site and make sure the scaffolds reinforced cos he's a fat fooker

It's dogbone scaffold, no chance of breaking that!!

Cheers Rich. Any chance you can Pm me with some rates , and if ok i'll buy the doughnuts!! Probably looking for something to happen in 3-4 wks to get everything ready, would be sooner but i'm stacked atm.

I know fcuk all about machine plastering so can someone explain what bucket renders are please.........and be gentle with me ......:RpS_confused:

Bucket renders are referring to the thincoat finishing renders that are supplied in any colour you want
They are ready mixed and supplied in buckets or tubs and look like paint with grit in it or alpine type finish
They are apllied to a flat prepared basecoat at the same depth as the grain and rubbed with a clean plastic trowel to leave a uniform textured finish

Bucket renders are referring to the thincoat finishing renders that are supplied in any colour you want
They are ready mixed and supplied in buckets or tubs and look like paint with grit in it or alpine type finish
They are apllied to a flat prepared basecoat at the same depth as the grain and rubbed with a clean plastic trowel to leave a uniform textured finish

Can't they also be sprayed without the need to rubbed up with a trowel if you use a Ritmo with the right compressor?

Ill have you know i have been going to slimming world for 2 weeks now Paul!

I have seen the Ritmo spraying bucket coat but only as a sprayed texture finish, not troweled up flat as per hand applied. If you was to spray this for a troweled finish wouldn't you need a load of spreads behind you keeping up with the sprayer? I would think 1 or even 2 spreads would be quickly nackered keeping up with a machine.

Rigsby, you don't touch it after spraying, maybe a quick touch up around certain features, but this is minimal apparently. Spraying it can cover approx 1m2 in 10-20 seconds.

The sprayed finish is nothing new. It was being done in Sheffield by a Leeds Co in the late 80's. Looks a bit dated now. Most of it failed but that was down to poor rendering and spraying the day after the render was applied.

Just an update on the spray textured finish I needed for the job mentioned in the thread.

I hired an M100, and for a for a final measure of just short of a 1000m2 (including balconies,bulkheads and boxed sectons), the job was completed in 3 1/2 days with 3 men (one tending machine,one spraying and one touching in).

Awesome piece of kit, although to look at it, the machine doesn't look up to much - but the final finish is flawless. I had the speed at setting 3 and this was fine for my needs.

I will not apply bucket coat by hand again! Will def be investing in one for the future!

Just an update on the spray textured finish I needed for the job mentioned in the thread.

I hired an M100, and for a for a final measure of just short of a 1000m2 (including balconies,bulkheads and boxed sectons), the job was completed in 3 1/2 days with 3 men (one tending machine,one spraying and one touching in).

Awesome piece of kit, although to look at it, the machine doesn't look up to much - but the final finish is flawless. I had the speed at setting 3 and this was fine for my needs.

I will not apply bucket coat by hand again! Will def be investing in one for the future!

Knew someone who was selling one a while back, not sure if he still has it would you be interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.