Machine for site mix s&c and flow screed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass

Which would be a suitable machine? Sp11's come in a couple different models can anyone tell me which is which and what they do? Does one type mix and the other doesn't with the same output?
Cheers

Not many used compact 60's around thanks though, looks abit like a sp11 i assume it does the same??? anyone else know anything that might help?

Not many used compact 60's around thanks though, looks abit like a sp11 i assume it does the same??? anyone else know anything that might help?

Your right, there isn't many. None in England to my knowledge! Will get some information put up on the range of Lancy diesel machines we offer, again, you maybe limited to used ones but I will see if I can come up with anything for you

Seabass can we have a bit more info.
Are you looking at a tow behind machine or something smaller ? Have you got somewhere to store this machine if you are not using it and is it going to cost you to store the machine.
Where would you be using the site mix. What type of jobs. There are not many sites still using it but maybe you work for smaller builders etc. Would you want it for smaller private jobs.
Is site mix for inside or outside
What is you're intended budget for a machine

I'm going to cut into free flow screed, but in the part of the world I come from where most of the work is for smaller builders barn conversions etc, and trying to educate some of these old boys or the public for that matter to modern renders is hard going, sand and cement it is for us for inside and out. We're about 20 years behind in somerset. But I want to save my body a bit so need a machine compatible. I have somewhere to store one I'm guessing towable is the only answer for a decent screed delivery and site mix capability.

I would buy a cheap diesel screed pump. They come up on ebay time to time or maybe one-stop has one for you. the more you search the better your chances are of finding one. I gave £1500 quid for my first one a putzmeister from A plant.
The word being Cheap because as you said you have to educate these people to try a liquid screed and its no good having all your money tied up in a machine you hope someone will let you use.
Meanwhile if you are set on using sand cement for your work consider a smaller machine. A mixing pump can be in 230v or 3 phase and it means you just drop the bags of gear in the hopper and it will mix the gear and put it on the wall. These mixing pumps are available in 230, 110v or 3 phase. The smaller machines like the single phase ritmos will fit in a van or car and will be used weekly compared with a big diesel machine which you will become selective about using on smaller jobs over time as you said in your post you want to make life easier.
Heres a ritmo doing some inside .
this Material costs £150 a ton compared with say £70 a ton for site mix. It is just blended dried sand and cement nothing special. its available with a quick phone call and anything you have over is taken to the next job.

Last edited by a moderator:
sure i just watched peter (scouser from Knowlsey ) using a spray machine on that you tube video lol worked with him in stuttgart in germanback in the mid 90 s.

That's good advice pft. Would a cheap pump be classed as a concrete pump? Maybe that's the way forward and a smaller machine for bagged s&c. Something to think about

much more sensible seabass. if you're gonna buy kit then make sure you can get to use it.
if u got any inside or outside to do then u can definitely use some cpi euromix bagged gear and a mixing pump. we can hire you one aswell to try first and give you advice how to tackle it

I've got a nice job coming up I'd love to try a pump and CPI on. what's the hire rate if I got on with it I'd buy one. Also does the bagged render have any sort of waterproofer for external?

you can have any mix you want. search cpi general purpose render on google.
give me a ring tommorow and we can discuss hire.

not really or i wouldnt have had time to film the thing. there were 5 houses allready 4 years ago. done so i asked the agent if the other spreads sealed them and they hadnt.. i marched up to check and they was solid so i cracked on. CPI hung for ages on normal block though.

Seabass I fish a tenryu Rodbar 270 with a shinano sustain loaded with braid with patchinkos being my favourite. How about yourself?

not really or i wouldnt have had time to film the thing. there were 5 houses allready 4 years ago. done so i asked the agent if the other spreads sealed them and they hadnt.. i marched up to check and they was solid so i cracked on. CPI hung for ages on normal block though.

i like it internal. skims sexy.

Tenryu! That's some nice gear, is it worth the £££. I use an old greys bass rod and Abu fixed for the odd stroll down the beach these days. There's loads of brands out there now I haven't got a clue about, very much like my knowlegde of plastering machines !!

Status
Not open for further replies.