Machine for Lime Plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie11

Hi All,

I have been thinking of buying a plastering machine, a SP11. All of my plastering is with Lime Mortars mixed on site. My next job is up to 20m. I am wondering is it the best machine for the job? Has anyone experience of using a sp11 with Lime Mortars? Is there another machine I should be looking at?

if you allready have a mixer you could consider conveying pump like the swing L 400v which will pump 30 mts away. There is a single phase version but it wont be as powerful. It depends on the mix quality as to how far a material will spray. I have a customer using a Ritmo L in 230v who does lime plastering all the time. the stuff comes mixed in tubs and he just whisks it up

if you allready have a mixer you could consider conveying pump like the swing L 400v which will pump 30 mts away. There is a single phase version but it wont be as powerful. It depends on the mix quality as to how far a material will spray. I have a customer using a Ritmo L in 230v who does lime plastering all the time. the stuff comes mixed in tubs and he just whisks it up

What grain size does the Ritmo L cope with? Does your guy set up any differently to spraying S and C. Looking into machine for Lime but issues with separation of material. Do you know where he gets his Lime from?

it looks like a good machine, I use a 6mm sand as I do a lot of filling out. It is mostly NHL limes I use so it does not come pre mixed. Also I need something to reach a height of at least 18m for my next job. I might be asking for a bit much. I dont like adding too much water to my mix either as lime mortars have a tendency to crack if too much water is added. Is there a PFT machine that will deal with 6mm sand?

There's a lot of companies now making bagged lime renders i tested some the other week with a 5mm grain it sprayed lovely through the g4 standard D 63 i was amazed how well it sprayed and so were the company they bought one there and then

Status
Not open for further replies.