m2 difference

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tam

Im just wondering % wise difference between labour rates only for float and skim internal and scratch and float external. I dont want money mentioned just what % more would you need for scratch and float. I always worked on 15% more what do yous think? Thanks lads.

I think meter rates should always reflect the job, work at height, access etc, although they rarely do.

15% more for giving it two coats?
I feel there is more work to it, it takes more men as the areas are much larger and the big 1 is its weather dependent plus it seems more people can do internal than external. Wouldn't like too much outside work on at the same rate for inside IMO. But thats why I asked the question maybe 15% is too much, Im interested in what % others would recommend. Thanks

I feel there is more work to it, it takes more men as the areas are much larger and the big 1 is its weather dependent plus it seems more people can do internal than external. Wouldn't like too much outside work on at the same rate for inside IMO. But thats why I asked the question maybe 15% is too much, Im interested in what % others would recommend. Thanks

Well if you want to do two coat rendering at 15% more than F&S then you are a fool.

I can't work out what he means. Do you mean 15% more for charging for the two coats or you charge double then add 15%? Surely there is a whole host of other factors to be considered with outside work rather than just having a set percentage increase

I can't work out what he means. Do you mean 15% more for charging for the two coats or you charge double then add 15%? Surely there is a whole host of other factors to be considered with outside work rather than just having a set percentage increase
its different concepts completely, If I had a spread looking at rendering work and saying I charge x amount for floating and skimming so I will add an extra percentage on for this, bemusement would not cover it, I would have been botoxed ...

So your going to go back twice,the second day for only 15% of the price of the 1st day,if thats right then you must be charging proper high for the 1st day,

When i get sent a bill of quantities......
.External wall..2 coat work 1st coat 10 to 12mm, 2nd coat 8 to 10 finished with float = xm2.
Internal wall 2 coat work 1st coat 12mm s+c 3mm finish =xm2......Please give your keenest price.

It usually works out at 15% more for the external. Maybe it is dear but again thats why I asked the question. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.