M2 a bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spunky It's a rough render on a extension but I have to celotex then mesh it with eml, this is what the builder has decided he wants doing,

Parex Maite' I think you mean, and do mean the m2 for sticking the boards on or as a base rend over the boards, I think parex spec 8mm min thick so you will get 4.5 m2 as a base rend , (if you do it by the book) and for sticking the boards on can vary dramatically dependant on the substrate and what method you adopt for bedding em on

Last edited:
get someone on this mate with you who knows the score and first get them to talk to the builder who has invented a spec.

if these systems fail is big bucks to put right

Ha some big outfit near me did a new firestation last year in bright blue... EIFS i obviosly watched as the job progressed.. made a right hash of it, they never had any expansion joints or primed the basecoat, so within 6 months the colour was washed out blue denim look... anyway passed there this week... they have cut expansion joints out and re dont the whole lot... just waiting to see if they colour prime the base coat when it stops raining... also good laugh as the firestation is operational now they have to do the work off a cherry picker to keep doors clear

I'm sure all the skimmers you're training up to put on eifs will put an abrupt end to all this cowboy work lol

Ha some big outfit near me did a new firestation last year in bright blue... EIFS i obviosly watched as the job progressed.. made a right hash of it, they never had any expansion joints or primed the basecoat, so within 6 months the colour was washed out blue denim look... anyway passed there this week... they have cut expansion joints out and re dont the whole lot... just waiting to see if they colour prime the base coat when it stops raining... also good laugh as the firestation is operational now they have to do the work off a cherry picker to keep doors clear

We were offered a project on a fire station in the NE and put costs forward but they wanted the work to be carried out in jan and feb last year when we had all that snow and minus 15 so I told him I wouldn do it...... sounds like it could be that one.... wouldnt surprise me if it failed in that weather

Status
Not open for further replies.