M Tec

Members online

Why do all you other spreads seem to have either tons of money or mansions with their own lakes?
:crying::crying::crying:

Why do all you other spreads seem to have either tons of money or mansions with their own lakes?
:crying::crying::crying:

Obviously not here in South Yorkshire! Prices are dropping. I am getting out of the domestic market, not worth doing anymore.

Obviously not here in South Yorkshire! Prices are dropping. I am getting out of the domestic market, not worth doing anymore.

That bad John. Doing ok over here at the moment. But can't see me at it much longer I'll see out this mini boom then that' it

the value of properties are now dropping as there are so many new builds giving the purchaser more choice.

Do you put it down to bagged renders now widely available aposed to just sand & cement?

Yes. Go back 10years when it was nearly all sand and cement plasterers wasn’t interested. Now in main season everybody is doing if. The customer can shop around.

I know plasterers who between May and September only want outside work.

I thought all you machine guys raking in a grand a day, driving big range rovers, having butler's and all that shite, well that's what @theclemo telling me anyway

These machines and the tools required cost to maintain.

I have done 3 jobs this year but bits and pieces have cost me over £700 so far. The Ritmo cost more to maintain than my car or truck.

Rotar and stators are only lasting at best 3 pallets. Thats £1 a bag to pump.

My original r&s was stainless in a clamp. Cost £275 but lasted a year.

I have done 3 jobs this year but bits and pieces have cost me over £700 so far. The Ritmo cost more to maintain than my car or truck.

Do you think thats ritmo specific?
Would a different machine be cheaper to maintain?

I always remember Les saying “ you let any machine sit around for 6 months you will get problems, same as a car “ true really, lucky we use ours all year round

All machines have wear parts, they do a lot of mixing in that little chamber, cheaper than some tosser who lets you down all the time.
I'm new to the machine game.
I just wondered if any one machine was cheaper to run than the other

I thought all you machine guys raking in a grand a day, driving

3 pallets am getting a lot more then that out of a b4-2 r@s am now on my 7 pallet and plenty of life in the r@s yet. Spraying at 20bar the last few days I sprayed.

Surely you build these running costs into your quotes.

You have to compete with the hand appliers.

I made more money in my pebble dashing days. Thats now a small market and something the plasterers seem to leave alone.

Do you think thats ritmo specific?
Would a different machine be cheaper to maintain?

No, they all have similar parts. Its not just the machine, the tools you need for modern rendering wear out, get damaged. My tap needs a new rubber seal now.

The r&s soft doesn’t last long enough but it seems thats the only one Les has in.

I am going back to the clamp. Fitted a new r&s and did a pressure check. 10bar!

New ones was like 18 bar new. So once its down to 8 bar its ready for the bin. 2 bar of life! One only lasted 2 pallets, thats £1.50 a bag to pump.