M-tec monomix

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPlaster

Private Member
Gave someone a hand today who had bought monomix but needed a little confidence to use it, I think there are easier machines to use and the hopper really is too small, seemed to be a lot of little design faults that would cause a novice to have problems and when you're a bit unsure anyway problems could build into a nightmare very quickly. But having said that you would get used to the machine and it did mix and pump 50 bags of Parex this afternoon easy enough, compaired to my usual pumps it did seem a bit pointy with bits that could hurt hands and limbs, instead of wedges to do things up I prefer the security of a nut and bolt.

Ritmo m and water pump would be smaller and easier to use I think, Putzmeister get pumps made for them by Giema and I've heard they are a robust pump Spunky me old fruit. The little orange pump will out perform these, compressor is a bit weird innit.

Last edited:
Yeah innit I can imagine dragging it over a mud pile and smashing all the gubbons between the wheel and the stand ......did that make sense lol
Like it though cause it's different, are you spraying adhesive coats an thin coats mcplaster?

I hope to spray some bucket coat soon but I'm a bit of a w**k*r and tend to wack it on with hawk and trowel, but one day I'll spray top coat. Adhesive is easy enough to spray.

Do you spray the adhesive in 2 coats ? What's stopping you spraying the bucket coat is it the gun and compressor

Compressor mainly and a good run to get used to it. Ritmo is good on adhesive because of low volume with out changing R&S set up spunky me old china.

Sorry mate how do you mean low volume without changing rotor stator do you mean you can slow it down by the switch?

Cool sorry mate loads of questions do you know if you can slow it down with an xl or an L? Where are you based? By the time you've answered this I've probably thought of another :rolleyes)

L yes Goody will have to help us on the XL, my home town is Banbury Spunky, close to Oxford ish. I'll send you a copy of my most recent bank statement shall I!

Banburys only up the road ish if you spraying adhesive stuff and fancy a hand for free give us a shout mate there will be 2 of us and we will probably drive you absolutely mental with questions lol

Serious though id be right up for it I need to get my head around thin coat and it'd be interesting seeing machines spraying it

Nick are you sure it's a lounge?......check the room make sure the windows arent fake and look out for little vents in the wall

Nowt wrong with a mono mix mate, yea small hopper but an extension can be made. It's a small pump with plenty power.

It did the job it was asked to do, I would get used to it but I think there are more user friendly machines, plus burning **** out of your nostrils because the hopper is too high and small made me Grumpy.

Lol I've just ordered a ritmo which has a hopper about the same height don't hear any complaints from the ritmo guys. Was it the f.u model or three phase? I found my mono mix incredibly simple to operate and access to all the gubbins inside is great. Coz it's so small I can get it on off the van on my own(if i take the motor off). Wide choice off pumps out there now, so everyone can have there preferences. Try not to let it get you too grumpy mate or you'll end up like me all sarcastic an bitter!

I use a ritmo and g4, hopper on ritmo is much lower about same as G4 and it holds more than monomix, 3 phase model I used and it did the job like I said before. When I use a G4 I'm well happy. When you get the ritmo Grumpy watch out for the water switch that will make you super Grumpy.

Last edited:
Ritmo L nick. Les came back from Germany armed with knowledge that the L can pump finish. So it can put out the mono for 20 meters which is about the same as the mono mix. Best of both worlds and no more hurty hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder!

Status
Not open for further replies.