M TEC Monomix

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy M

Hello all, New on here but read many posts on the machine forum. Anyways I only take on small domestic Mono jobs and ive been offered a 240volt Monomix for a grand. Would it be a worthwhile investment or not worth the bother. The machine looks a bit battered but seller says I could see it working.
Cheers Andy

Cheers, Dont know anything about the machine side really, but have darbied and levelled following the spray lad.
Hand balling it on hasnt been a problem apart from the lab throwing thick/thin mixes out, which I suppose will iron this problem out.
Thanks again.

right, i am going to stick my neck out here and say what a lot of people on hear are to scared to say . I think Mtechs are complete s**t, i have a video of an m300 falling over because the centre of gravity is all the **** on them. I also have to stop drinking. lol

could you please post that video on here simps im dying to see that and by the way i admire you for having the balls to say what the rest of us were thinking but to scared to say big up the simps

Lol........ No wonder people say there heavy to move around you have to fill the hopper as soon as it's out the van

I not saying all mtech are crap , there good machines but there are problems , but the M100 is a pile of crap in my mind, £6500 for a mixing drill with a 22mm socket ( yes a 22mm socket, it evens says 22mm on it, ) a bit of plastic that flops over the mixing drill motor to help stop it getting wet and the user geting killed.The compressor is held in place by 2 bungy straps and the gun is plastic. this is only my opinion.

you could say the same about render then bobby, all a machine will do, is take the hardwork and make a big time saving on laying the material on the wall, you still need to be a good spread who nows his material to finish the product. If i was hardwalling high large area's then i would be able to spray the hardwall finishing it ready for skim a long time before any hand apply boys and then i spray the finish, again getting it on the wall and flattened a long time before hand apply, this giving me more time to prep the next area or having a coffee . I was watching some lads the other day humping buckets of skim up scaffold. why the **** would anyone want to do that.

I have sprayed Knauf fp90 skim Mp finish skim and Multi finish skim and have found the same problem with all of them. They spray fine and take a while to set, however when you get to the equivelent of a 4 trowel ( the one before the final) the material just goes and sets. And it doesnt set one wall then the next etc it just all goes at the same time. It is impossible to be trowelling up 4 walls in the time it takes you to trowel one.
Maybe a system of spraying 20 mts then trowelling it and getting it all neat and tidy then spray another 10-20 mts so that the stuff dont all go of at once

In principal you are having the benefit of your material all mixed and placed on the wall by a machine. Someone has to be payed to do this wether its a labourer or you are doing it yourself. The work involved is low skilled manual labour so doesn't generate much money and if you are doing it means you are not doing what you are best at.

So maybe with a machine you could manage much easier with having no labourer. But any plastering on your own is hard work and there is still an element of low skilled labour needed to clean and arrange material etc. On the other hand a labourer can't lay on or trowel and if he does want to learn he wont be at your speed of output.

A machine could benefit a plasterer and apprentice by getting it on the wall with minimum effort and then the trowelling starts.
you could work a system of he does the tops and you do the bottoms. You could keep an eye on him this way and make sure no bits are missed so you could increase your output but only have to teach someone the skill of trowelling up instead of mixing it and laying it on first.

You can reach hard to access areas with more effeciancy. So say for example you had a job where the ceiling height is 3m you can get the wall tops and ceilings on far quicker than by hand of a steps or podium. One of you then could do the tops with stilts. The extra meterage on walls this high are usually a good earner but you have to watch what your puttin on because your up and down all the time. An apprentice can be expected to drop back on tasks like cleaning etc and he doesnt cost as much as a spread who would want good money for the work you begin turning over

I agree mc plast that it can seem a waste or a pain especially on smaller jobs but i also think that with a good system in place it could be very beneficial and that system is the key to the success. Its gonna take some trial and error

Point taken Mr Blones, at hieght would be worth perfecting but general house bashing don't think so, door linings window boards, sockets would all impede progress but it might catch on.

perfect for one coating it all comes down to does it get it on the wall quicker than by hand

Status
Not open for further replies.