M-Tec 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main one being - Your not allowed.... We have had a number of customers in a situation where they are not allowed 230v on site. This is the reason we wont sell 230v equipment, even mixing drills or hot wire cutters.

The main one being - Your not allowed.... We have had a number of customers in a situation where they are not allowed 230v on site. This is the reason we wont sell 230v equipment, even mixing drills or hot wire cutters.

again iv never had that problem.

either was, if ur not wanting to selling 240, why not sell the 110v?

Ryan me old mate I am grown up and neither delusional the last two month
Have been pft notherns best for sales of ritmos
And 90 percent have been 230 v .where on earth do you think there going with them .p.s keep up the good work mate your doing nothing but good for me .

Did I open a can of worms here ?
I go on large sites everyday where PFT, M-tec etc.... are used with no problems. Large sites generally have horizontal mixers under the silo for dry mix mortars, these are not 110v but 230v or 400v. We always leave it up to the customer to decide what they want as we do have 110v versions available, but we offer all the information so that a customer can make an informed decision. As I said before HS&E have no issues and there are documents to prove this.

Always glad to help Les. Strength in numbers.....

Paul, can of worms? I think from what a few people above said about not being allowed 230v on site says it all. 400v, no problems there what so ever, never said there was!

We use the 240v ritmo L almost daily on all different kinds of sites. I prefer 240 myself because its more plug and play. Its unlikely you are going to be close enough to a 110v source if your rendering and so a generator is needed in most cases especially all the ewi refurb work.
110 or 240They both do the same anyway innit

True point Ian, they do do the same!

The recent work our machines have been on have had a 110v power supply on each lift. These are pretty big tower blocks though. With the 110v source the cables can go over 25m away so there shouldn't be a worry on that either. The transformers are pretty well priced anyway so it shouldn't be much of a worry

Hahaha... Are you actually being serious here and trying to make a comparison?

If you really think I'm going to bite and rise to this you are mistaken. You know what transformers are used for and you know that majority of sites will not allow 230v.

End of, have an enjoyable day

Feck knows you go on pft website and it doesn't say anything about spraying render on the output materials it does etc bit

As the question of voltage has been brought up, I thought that I would comment. I have had many meetings with HS&E regarding voltage on site using 110v, 230v and 400v, these meetings always end in the same way, there is no problem with using 110v, 230v or 400v on site. There is a document available on their website which confirms this.

Also as an added note, the Ritmo mixing pump is the standard machine for EWI work, both site and domestic. This machine can mix and pump all parts of the EWI system along with Monocouche and can be converted to spray skim. The most popular voltage for this is spread evenly between 110v and 230v versions.

Paul

Paul you should post the link from the hse with those voltage clarifications. Good doc for us lads with the far superior 240v L's to take on site

Status
Not open for further replies.