Lw1?

Members online

ankers

Using lw1 first time today over grey insulation boards. Got to be the worst gear to use. 1st pass with mesh leave it to get some body second coated serrated edge ruled flat. Turned back to spat and the stuff had skinned over the top but was really wet behind causing it to tear all over. Anyone got any tips for this? Im thinking of ruling and sparring at once while its wet?

I have been told from a couple of bigger outfits K Rend have changed their gear and have upped their game a little, they need too.

They might not have got round to messing about with the LW1 but their K1 seems to be a lot, lot better than before according to others.

I've been told with this stuff you have to rule and spat straight away and leave it after that dont unsettle it. So ill be trying that

I’ve just sprayed 30 bags of lw1 onto insulation boards and you have to spat straight away as said otherwise it tears.
Been using Weber therm m1 which is a much better product in my opinion.
I used to spray k rend k1 all the time but not anymore it’s very problematic and just seems to slide down the wall in winter and crack in the summer !
We did a bungalow a couple of weeks ago with it and it was horrible to work with.
They definitely need to sort it as Weber or fassa are far superior renders.

Been spatting straight away and it's been working much better. Got to say its horrible gear to use. Layed on yesterday 12-2 com3 back 8:30 still wet opened it up and then only just ready at 10:30. You don't get much time before it skins over. Is weber much better can you leave it then spat later?

Weber needs spatted quite quickly too in my experience. Enewall is the nicest scratch render I've used.