Lumpy walls

Members online

Maxwell Dennis

Hi guys, brand new to the forum.
I had my walls skimmed mid December and since then I mist coated and painted. Only just got round to putting up the wall lights and once I turned them on I was greeted by this! Any advice on what could be causing this, is it simply bad plastering or is there an underlying issue?
Cheers in advance.
20180106_080028.jpg
20180105_142259.jpg

No denying it that is very rough work. As said the lights aren’t doing you any favours but that’s a mess

I understand that the light will show up all imperfections but are those marks down to bad plastering or could they be something else? Because the plasterer will be returning to the job and I don' want to get fobbed off with an excuse or told that it's moisture or something.

I understand that the light will show up all imperfections but are those marks down to bad plastering or could they be something else? Because the plasterer will be returning to the job and I don' want to get fobbed off with an excuse or told that it's moisture or something.
It's bad plastering. Damp would have shown itself already. I'd be supremely embarrassed if that was my work

No Sir.

He's plastered that with a dishcloth and no mistake.

I'd suggest that the fellow who did that isn't a plasterer at all. Looks like a Para did it to me.

You say he's coming back? Tell him to do one and if you haven't paid him, then don't.

Hang on a minute before every 1 starts giving it the bigun!!!!

Simple question and simple answer is this...

What does it look like in normal daylight conditions without those hideous halogen sidelight shining across them???

If the answer is fine then there is nothing wrong with his work.. .

Side Light can absoloutley destroy the bezt work in the world!!!

Just looking at the pics on my smart phone and you could see the undulations straight away. Clicked on photo to zoom in and thought I was on the moon!
Not good, as everyone else has already said...

What does it look like in normal daylight conditions without those hideous halogen sidelight shining across them???

You done it didn’t you

Certainly to a point, but have you zoomed in on it? I definitely won't be owning up to this one and admitting it was me and returning to sort it out like I promised! :inocente:

It's not just some shadows showing up after the light changed.

There's whacking great craters in it and trowel marks and all sorts.

That is s**t, there is no excuse for that, any one can make a f**k up but that is pretty much unforgivable however he should be given the opportunity to put it right

f**k that, you can park an aircraft carrier in some of them craters with or without lights

I can't believe it was only noticed once the lights were on:endesacuerdo:

Fella during the boom, a baker by trade.

Woke up one day and noticed how much money the builders were making, so he crossed out 'baker' and wrote 'builder' on the side of his van (I kid you not)

Knowing perfectly well that the customer had no idea what he was looking at until it was painted, he'd produce a piece of paper at the end of the job and ask them to sign it off.

When they rang to complain, he'd say, 'I'm terribly sorry, Sir. You've signed the job off to your satisfaction'.

In the chaps defence he has agreed to come back next week, and obviously everyone can have bad days and deserve a chance to make good! I can deal with a certain amount of imperfections especially under direct downlighting but this seemed (now confirmed by all you helpful commenters) to be a little rough. I'll update you all next week after his return.

In the chaps defence he has agreed to come back next week, and obviously everyone can have bad days and deserve a chance to make good! I can deal with a certain amount of imperfections especially under direct downlighting but this seemed (now confirmed by all you helpful commenters) to be a little rough. I'll update you all next week after his return.
Good on you giving him a chance (y)

What does it look like in normal day light?

This is how plastering should be judged

[QUOTE="Vincey, post: 1100768, member: 31406"]I’ve done loads of walls that look crap , would always go back if light made it look rubbisher, all part of the job.

Out of interest was it artex that was skimmed over?[/QUOTE]

are you sure your a plasterer vincey sounds more like a DIY er :inocente::reloco:

Hi guys, brand new to the forum.
I had my walls skimmed mid December and since then I mist coated and painted. Only just got round to putting up the wall lights and once I turned them on I was greeted by this! Any advice on what could be causing this, is it simply bad plastering or is there an underlying issue?
Cheers in advance.View attachment 20949 View attachment 20951

id be more worried about my house going on fire.....some cables there sir !!!!