Lumpy plaster

Members online

Steven R

Hi all - had some plastering done recently. Took the walls back to brick. As it’s drying, there are lots of small bumps I can feel on the walls. Do you know what could be causing this? Never seen in before, but then again I’ve only ever had the walls skimmed rather than talking it back to brick and starting again. Plasterer due back today to fix something else, but wanted to check whether this is an issue so we can get this fixed as well. Thanks is advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 340
Looks like air bubbles when you get hardwall on when still wet. Nothing wrong with that but you have to make sure you trowel them out, unless you flexi trowel master as seen on the photos.

Playing with it too much, too early, and then leaving the job too early and not giving final dry trowel.
A small bit of sanding will get it back smooth.
Try and be just as fussy when you paint it, two coats in one day with you cheap B & Q roller.

What a set of jumped up bitches...1 square foot of a job that otherwise could be perfect for all we know!
Thanks for your comment. This seems like every other forum I’ve been on and wish I hadn’t posted anything. Loads of keyboard warriors trying to be funny / clever. Most seem to consider themselves to be the best plasterers known to man, who’ve never made a mistake.

Thanks for your comment. This seems like every other forum I’ve been on and wish I hadn’t posted anything. Loads of keyboard warriors trying to be funny / clever. Most seem to consider themselves to be the best plasterers known to man, who’ve never made a mistake.
I am a plasterer that made a mistake, replying to you post.
Have you have a sense of humour by-pass.

Trouble is alot of plasterers wont comment on others work as it's easy for another plasterer to find faults customer will never know . Have a word with him they will just sand out. But everyone can have a bad day at office

Steven, please understand that there is an endless stream of people who, having never contributed anything at all to this forum, just rock up, create a username, and instantly expect free expert advice to their problems, as though they are somehow 'entitled' to it.

It's hardly surprising that many established members get cheesed off with this, and new members then get their own noses out of joint when they don't get the answers they were expecting.

Steven, please understand that there is an endless stream of people who, having never contributed anything at all to this forum, just rock up, create a username, and instantly expect free expert advice to their problems, as though they are somehow 'entitled' to it.

It's hardly surprising that many established members get cheesed off with this, and new members then get their own noses out of joint when they don't get the answers they were expecting.
And don't forget the bit where they then dissappear forever having gotten the info.

It's hardly surprising that many established members get cheesed off with this, and new members then get their own noses out of joint when they don't get the answers
Trouble is alot of plasterers wont comment on others work as it's easy for another plasterer to find faults customer will never know . Have a word with him they will just sand out. But everyone can have a bad day at offic for this - that’s all I was looking for.
Trouble is alot of plasterers wont comment on others work as it's easy for another plasterer to find faults customer will never know . Have a word with him they will just sand out. But everyone can have a bad day at office
Thanks - that’s all I was looking for. Just an honest opinion from people who know more about plastering on whether it was an issue or if it was something that could easily fixed.

Hi all - had some plastering done recently. Took the walls back to brick. As it’s drying, there are lots of small bumps I can feel on the walls. Do you know what could be causing this? Never seen in before, but then again I’ve only ever had the walls skimmed rather than talking it back to brick and starting again. Plasterer due back today to fix something else, but wanted to check whether this is an issue so we can get this fixed as well. Thanks is advance
The technical term for what he's done is caspering.

Hilarious - thanks for your helpful response. Think you’ll find it’s did not done.
Thanks for trying to give an English lesson, “think you’ll find its did not done”???

the office jim GIF