Lumpy plaster

Members online

No members online now.
Thanks for your comment. This seems like every other forum I’ve been on and wish I hadn’t posted anything. Loads of keyboard warriors trying to be funny / clever. Most seem to consider themselves to be the best plasterers known to man, who’ve never made a mistake.
tongue out GIF

@bof ’s mum says he’s the best!!

Hi all - had some plastering done recently. Took the walls back to brick. As it’s drying, there are lots of small bumps I can feel on the walls.
Maybe the others have spotted something I haven't, but on blown up view they are pits not bumps, looks like fine shotgun blast - either the bubbles mentioned have burst or sand /grit got in the mix and fell out on finishing passes? - Anybody's thoughts?

Steven - this is a trade forum not some public free citizens advice drop in centre for drunk and entitled T***s. Although most do actually get a genuine answer, eventually,, even if it's not the one that's wanted or expressed in some nice politic sanitised way.
Between the members there is often admittance of errors, and some deeply personal stuff aswell, and a lot of bad language, pisstaking and insults!
- yours the bald patching bodger of berkshire who makes casper and stevio look good.

Its 100% bubbles from hardball/bonding, left too long without trowelling them out and then he tried to get them out with final pass which caused it to blister.

Its 100% bubbles from hardball/bonding, left too long without trowelling them out and then he tried to get them out with final pass which caused it to blister.
My dad showed me a trick to remove
Splash of water and hard quick polish in a circular motion with float , slide away to remove or suction pulls plaster off

My dad showed me a trick to remove
Splash of water and hard quick polish in a circular motion with float , slide away to remove or suction pulls plaster off
Works the treat. Hapennes now and then and you just have to know the timing to get the bubbles out. Best thing is to skim it when bonding or hardwall is just right. Happens as well when you pva it when skimming next day.

Works the treat. Hapennes now and then and you just have to know the timing to get the bubbles out. Best thing is to skim it when bonding or hardwall is just right. Happens as well when you pva it when skimming next day.
I've said before , people take it as a joke lol,,,, 1st backing coat neat , feather edge , second plenty of skim in the mix , can go on early with skim , no floating and devil floating , just timing , no bubbles , no delay for hardwall or bonding to set , nice suction