Lumbar facet joint injections

Members online

BryantPlastering

Been struggling with a bad back for the past four years,
After many different therapies which i had no joy with i went for a MRI scan last year. It showed i have 2 bulged discs and degenerative discs.
Got told i couldn't do anything about it apart from build up my core strength which i was doing for the past few years anyway.

Found a private clinic last week that recommends an epidural injection followed by the lumbar facet injection.

Has anyone had one of these or similar.

Looking to see how successful they are before forking out for it.

Thanks

Hi Brian I've got samething. I had to pay £250 to see consultant after mir or wait two months for results .any way he sent me to another doc to have same as you described.but he said results weren't good had little effect or only lasted a few weeks he said exercise. Painkillers ect. I take sopodol. Somone I know said his mate had the injection in facet joint and was more painfully than when he got run over. Wot ya gone do.

I have the same injection when was 22 you will feel absolutely brilliant mate , basically I collapsed and had no feeling in my legs when ambulance took me in they said had hair line fracture on lumber and gave an open appointment at spinal unit , 30 minutes after injection I stood up and walked out , back felt “normal” for about a year
That was 22 years ago since then have always still had similar pain , after years of research think I have accylossing spondylitis but not been diagnosed as gp is crap , after trying all sorts atm I’m taking feco everyday just a tiny drop each night which has really helped

Thanks ,

Thats the only thing i dont really try is the pain meds.
Was looking into the oils but didnt think they would do much.
I’ve tried them all mate tbh the low % cbd oils (say under 20% cbd content) do nothing for pain but full extract oil definitely does , also tried 99% cbd isolate that is worth a shot too , I’ll have to pm you the links , cannot write it online

I have the same injection when was 22 you will feel absolutely brilliant mate , basically I collapsed and had no feeling in my legs when ambulance took me in they said had hair line fracture on lumber and gave an open appointment at spinal unit , 30 minutes after injection I stood up and walked out , back felt “normal” for about a year
That was 22 years ago since then have always still had similar pain , after years of research think I have accylossing spondylitis but not been diagnosed as gp is crap , after trying all sorts atm I’m taking feco everyday just a tiny drop each night which has really helped
That must’ve been well scary! Si’s mate was complaining his legs hurt one day. Next day couldn’t walk. Turns out he had a bubble in his spine. They said if we don’t operate you’ll be paralysed. If we do operate you may be paralysed. They operated but due to nerve damage he is so unsteady on his feet he has a wheelchair and a cane for standing and short distances. This happened when he was about 20. Blokes a legend though. Does para-athetise stuff. Basketball and kayaking

That must’ve been well scary! Si’s mate was complaining his legs hurt one day. Next day couldn’t walk. Turns out he had a bubble in his spine. They said if we don’t operate you’ll be paralysed. If we do operate you may be paralysed. They operated but due to nerve damage he is so unsteady on his feet he has a wheelchair and a cane for standing and short distances. This happened when he was about 20. Blokes a legend though. Does para-athetise stuff. Basketball and kayaking
It crazy how many people suffer back pain , everyone’s is different too , I’m in a few groups and some of the list of meds dr prescribe is untrue, when look into some of them the side effects are terrible they so toxic , say even ibrufen kills pain but can destroy stomach and have enough makes me physically sick

I am suffering with back ache not on the same level as you guys but I have been popping ibuprofen towards the end of the week

It crazy how many people suffer back pain , everyone’s is different too , I’m in a few groups and some of the list of meds dr prescribe is untrue, when look into some of them the side effects are terrible they so toxic , say even ibrufen kills pain but can destroy stomach and have enough makes me physically sick
That's because we are not ment to walk upright. And so many people are over weight and have weak musclutre of the trunk.

Would say im 60% better still in pain slightly on the odd twists and turn. Would definitely recommend them.

Can also get out of bed in the morning instead of crawl so thats a big plus.

Yeah i booked to have mine on a friday so i had all weekend to laze about.
I had to get used to bending normally again as i couldn't for four years. I was bending all cock legged... that felt strange to start with.
Just dont over do it on the sets for the first 3 weeks and you will be fine.you may feel 100% from the get go but your back is numb for the first week or two. Slowly does it.