low pricing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Priced two more jobs this week one guy I have plastered most of his house.I knew by the look on his face I was too expensive.
The other job was a recommendation. I have won only one job out of the last eight I have priced.
I used to get every other job.
This is getting serious

At this rate its back on the cabs

Alright John its just the time of year mate most of us are finding it hard just got to hang in there, people have maxed their cards and waiting for salaries to come in before most of them get their heads around spending money again and they always knock the tradesman or woman for cheaper prices, bet your bottom dollar they dont go down Tesco and barter with them oh no, pi**es me off too mate. i say stick to your guns mate. value your work and the time its taken you to get where you are.

Hi clayplasterman this time last year I was fully booked up to March and turning work away. I will just have to sell the roller if I can clean the plaster off the seats.

Hi clayplasterman this time last year I was fully booked up to March and turning work away. I will just have to sell the roller if I can clean the plaster off the seats.

your joking you still using that roller, seriously! that was such a nice motor, i know someone else that used their roller to collect wood in, all over the back seats.

Stick to ya prices marra.........:RpS_thumbup:
The new championship manager games is out.................the hours just fly by...........won the premiership, league cup and got to the final of the champions league................to busy now to even go pricing job........:RpS_biggrin:

Don't lose hope CS, at least you're standing by your principles about how much a real spread is worth :)

as capital says it is getting serious , these comments are becoming more frequent on this forum,and not just from the same hard core regulars ,there will be a lot of plasterers out there who are just happy to read the comments and who have never posted a thread but an awful lot of them will be quiet to,to a certain extent clayman is quite correct in his comments but not now , this is going to get much worse,

Same up here CS also quoted 3 insurance jobs with the isurance co phoning me up, which indicated that i had the job. Think the customer has been paid out and got somebody cheaper.

its true what people are saying i went self employed in 2009 and have never stoped really apart from a few days in between jobs and that was ment to be bad then. there might not be alot of work out there but every f**king day i see a new plasterer in town with some ******* cheese sign writting job ( ie mirro finish plastering ) and you find out that they was working in an office before.

Priced two more jobs this week one guy I have plastered most of his house.I knew by the look on his face I was too expensive.
The other job was a recommendation. I have won only one job out of the last eight I have priced.
I used to get every other job.
This is getting serious

At this rate its back on the cabs

All you can do is fight your own corner your only ever one phone call from been flat out that is all it takes.

I do think this country is feck at present and it is a planned collapse from this present goverment.

All you can do is fight your own corner your only ever one phone call from been flat out that is all it takes.

I do think this country is feck at present and it is a planned collapse from this present goverment.
Why do you think that Henry?

its been like this since 2008 , before this government got in

Status
Not open for further replies.