Low prices not

markla

IMG_4581.JPG

Shame B&Q price it so high end of the day it's £8. 30 including vat at sig , probably there logic is if people don't buy there crap £10 pva they do they would have to make up the difference imo anyways

Last edited:
Shame B&Q price it so high end of the day it's £8. 30 including vat at sig , probably there logic is if people don't buy there crap £10 pva they do they would have to make up the difference imo anyways
Using uni to sell PVA you are a marketing genius ;)

the lass in B&Q said its all to do with brexit even the multi is £6.20 a single bag
cheaper when buying five or more,
its a sad state of affairs when businesses start to panic first thing they do is jack up prices.

on a positive note the people at k-rend are very helpful just wish the likes of sig,minster were.
only too happy to help would love to visit their plant one day.

Just done a quick calculation, interesting stats , example say a standard domestic room 12ft x 12ft might take 4 maybe 5 bags to skim ceiling and all walls -

All materials brought on that day from B&Q
Multi £6.20 and there own pva £10 comes in at £41
Versus sig unifinish £8.30 comes in at £41

Maybe my theory was right lol :hola:

Sorry forgot B&Q do discount on multi finish buy and so £27.50p and the pva I should price at £5 for only using half of a tub tbh = £32.50p in effect there is £9.50 difference, interesting

Stats worked out of 5 bags if it was 4 well that would be very interesting lol

I didn

Not if you buy the uni from b&q as well which is a fairer comparison thats £61, £20 difference without the possible need for pva or as some have said 3 coating!!

Not if you buy the uni from b&q as well which is a fairer comparison thats £61, £20 difference without the possible need for pva or as some have said 3 coating!!
Hi mate my point was the difference in price that a merchants decide to sell it at, that's one reason I don't hardly ever go B&Q I'm presuming most people are as savvy as me and would buy any product at the cheapest place available fair enough does mean having to be a bit more organised, I suppose same could be said with my thincoat beads on average 50p from direct delivery online source compared to B&Q £1.80

Last edited:
Also side tracking slightly off the price , possible 3 coat and pretreatment of some areas just wanted to say when people say this, a third coat (or top up as I call it) isn't actually a 3rd fresh mixed coat it's a way of controlling what is happening due to surface reaction underneath and that top up is taken from either the first or second mix being used,so tbf I wouldn't class it as an editional coat of materials (cost) as such, also worth considering that the main part (or even most basic of our skill / job ) of any wet plastering work undertaken by a spread is to actually know how and when to do what to what we are working with, no offence intended to yourself or any other but a lot of posts I see with any products seems to me always that part missing on internet comments

Also side tracking slightly off the price , possible 3 coat and pretreatment of some areas just wanted to say when people say this, a third coat (or top up as I call it) isn't actually a 3rd fresh mixed coat it's a way of controlling what is happening due to surface reaction underneath and that top up is taken from either the first or second mix being used,so tbf I wouldn't class it as an editional coat of materials (cost) as such, also worth considering that the main part (or even most basic of our skill / job ) of any wet plastering work undertaken by a spread is to actually know how and when to do what to what we are working with, no offence intended to yourself or any other but a lot of posts I see with any products seems to me always that part missing on internet comments

Just done a quick calculation, interesting stats , example say a standard domestic room 12ft x 12ft might take 4 maybe 5 bags to skim ceiling and all walls -

Just done a quick calculation myself and I've worked out with uni and pva I'll only have to do two coats but with unifinish there is a chance of having to do three! I fking hate doing two never mind three, paying more money for materials to do more work might be ok in vinceys world but it sure as hell isnt in mine.

I agree that part of the job /trade is judging how best to get over different backgrounds but unfortunately even after 35 yrs of plastering the occasional job catches me out. It is also the manufacturers job to supply a product suitable for working with, shame that on the front of the bag says no pva on the rear of the bag may need pva, if they don't no how are we supposed to

I agree that part of the job /trade is judging how best to get over different backgrounds but unfortunately even after 35 yrs of plastering the occasional job catches me out. It is also the manufacturers job to supply a product suitable for working with, shame that on the front of the bag says no pva on the rear of the bag may need pva, if they don't no how are we supposed to
I can kind of agree with what you say about the instructions on bags all I can presume is it is a "general " guideline /summary of what or how to use like you say after so many years of plastering most would be able to kind of work out how and what to do imo.
Again said it numerous times only way to make it work is to use and experience it imo , also without dragging others into this debate I worked and heard of people say they got 35 years experience or they are "proper time served " plasterers tbh means absolutely nothing to me as I know that even a plasterer with near enough 0% experience I could show how and when to do what,
Again no offence to anyone in particular just a fact.

BG need to have a word in your ear about this product coz you do it no favours what so ever, I would go as far as to say you have contributed to it failing with your constant stupid comparisons and claims. We are all aware of how to plaster some more than others and your constant put downs of plasterers on here regarding having the special skills to use this gear is embarrassing.

BG need to have a word in your ear about this product coz you do it no favours what so ever, I would go as far as to say you have contributed to it failing with your constant stupid comparisons and claims. We are all aware of how to plaster some more than others and your constant put downs of plasterers on here regarding having the special skills to use this gear is embarrassing.
Funny you say that tbh as all I'm stating is facts, I said I meant no offence to anyone, meaning I didn't mean anything I said in a negative way , you can type all you like Flynny at least my points are from real life use and experience

Funny you say that tbh as all I'm stating is facts, I said I meant no offence to anyone, meaning I didn't mean anything I said in a negative way , you can type all you like Flynny at least my points are from real life use and experience
Yeh so are mine, it's just your stupid comparisons and claims which f**k this gear up. The problem lies with the claims on the front of the bag and the constant claims you have made about using it, the gear is not for every background and if this was made clearer from the start maybe it might have a chance and also if it was cheaper to buy in date. Your constant silly comparisons and claims is not doing this gear any good coz it's all bullshit or should I say comparative to a politician trying to sell a dead bird.

The advert from bg on this page annoys me!
"The plaster that works without pva" sometimes other times use pva!
"Approved by you" not by me so who!!

Yeh so are mine, it's just your stupid comparisons and claims which f**k this gear up. The problem lies with the claims on the front of the bag and the constant claims you have made about using it, the gear is not for every background and if this was made clearer from the start maybe it might have a chance and also if it was cheaper to buy in date. Your constant silly comparisons and claims is not doing this gear any good coz it's all bullshit or should I say comparative to a politician trying to sell a dead bird.
I think my comparison on the price it can be purchased for are good , ain't my fault B&Q have it at £12 when there is 2 different merchants available at £8.30 before people have gone on about Rrp of it , I'd say going if the merchants in pallet order it's probably at £8.50 mark and B&Q want a bigger margin not really a lot of bu##sh#t there , as for all the other "claims " fine , I know I'm right as I use it regularly majority of the time I know what's going on when it's spread.
Lets be honest here , look at some of the other claims and methods written on forum and internet , onecoating sponging not my cup of tea but if they get there in the end,fine. I don't care

Last edited: