losing work to 1 coat skimmers ??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
yer ur right any one can put a depoist down but u need the work to pay it witch one already is

i aint blameing no one mate just how it is reputation comes before money id rather av work all year round and a good name in the trade than be a fly by night
and have few months of solid work and no one using me again because left ruff job

Last edited:
yer ur right any one can put a depoist down but u need the work to pay it witch one already is

i aint blameing no one mate just how it is reputation comes before money id rather av work all year round and a good name in the trade than be a fly by night
and have few months of solid work and no one using me again because left ruff job[/QUOTE
nice speech

All plasterers are different. My mate uses 1 mix for both and I guarantee not many people will leave a better finish. I used to do it as its all I was ever shown but now I prefer to flatten then use fresh gear. We put on a large ceiling between us the other day then he went while I trowelled up. HATED trowelling his section up. Blistered the first time I touched it. Every plasterer puts it on at different thicknesses. Uses different pressure and hold the blade at different angles. Seriously who cares. If someone can get as good a finish as me with 1 coat then fair play to them

:RpS_thumbsup:F*****g lovin this thread, hahahahahaha:RpS_thumbsup::RpS_biggrin::RpS_lol:
Seriously now, have we decided then children? 1 coat skim or 2 coat skim??????:RpS_lol:

I quote whatever I think is a fair price,don't take the piss out of the client or myself.if they don't want me then so be it.when I tell people I'm busy they either say they can't wait or yes please and they wait.always 2 seperate mixes for coats.works for me.each too their own.

lay down with fresh gear normally or put on and lay down with same gear if theres only bits left to do or want to do a quick gage, get decent finish either way

I'm afraid that you will find on this forum that when you suggest that a particular system of working isn't the right way to go, you will get the same old people jumping in, taking it as a personnal attack.......

Just search "one coat" or "sponge" and see which names pop up over and over. It's quite funny really.

Beddy summed it up very well......

Spunky stop abusing people...... are you pissed again?

Everybody has "their" way and everybody has the right to an opinion but you cant call them naughty words its just not nice..

Danny

Spunky stop abusing people...... are you pissed again?

Everybody has "their" way and everybody has the right to an opinion but you cant call them naughty words its just not nice..

Danny

Booooooooo I was enjoying that. Hate it when the headmaster turns up:RpS_biggrin:

Well done good for you, what has a 15 year old bit of sponge got to do with this?

Don't think you are re-writing the book by machine spraying, one coating and sponging. Do you think you are some sort of plastering pioneer?

All this was being done when you were still at school.

:mad::mad:Hey guys just thought i'd share my thoughts with you about what happening in the essex/herts area cheap jobs being done ???I have been quoting jobs like 8x8 bedrooms all walls and ceilings and another bedroom 12x10 all walls and ceilings , they said to her the smaller room for 150 or both rooms for 290 , now i maybe wrong but isn't 290 cheap for 2 rooms or am i missing something here, are they 1 coating ? Also a sitting room walls and ceilings 17x11 i lost out to a guy who done it for 280 me and a couple other guys quoted 380 customer went with the cheapest quote Am i missing something here or are they 1 coating or just being really f'ing cheap or is that normal money what would you guys price them up for.Any of you guys ever 1 coated i always do 2 , but am thinking about changing to 1 maybe if the customer wants a cheap job ?? i dunno i have never done 1, i know its not a nicer finish but im wondering what it would look like ???Thanks for any responses in advance
Bet you're sorry you asked:RpS_lol:

Don't think you are re-writing the book by machine spraying, one coating and sponging. Do you think you are some sort of plastering pioneer?

All this was being done when you were still at school.

Nah British gypsum writes it all and updates it every year. Have a read

WHITE BOOK

Last edited:
Bubbles are you going to say anything on here or just keep creeping on peoples posts by liking them two faced caaaaaaaaant

How's you're broad beans ?

What would you like me to say you little tw^t ? Broad beans are fine, almost put the runner beans out at the weekend good job I didn't cos we had a frrrrost t'other night :RpS_biggrin:

One coat on new board work and sponge is absolutely fine if done right and looks flawless if done proper, i've been using a sponge for years now....Everyone saying it's s**t!

I'd never one coat on reskims though **** that...I still sponge it though on reskims evan after 2 coating...

One coat on new board work and sponge is absolutely fine if done right and looks flawless if done proper, i've been using a sponge for years now....Everyone saying it's s**t!

I'd never one coat on reskims though **** that...I still sponge it though on reskims evan after 2 coating...
Tried both and tbh who gives a **** if you get a good finish either way.

Personally I would 2coat with different gear 80-90% of the time but if a job creeps up that one coat would suit then I would one coat

Have you got a little mini pocket sized book you put in you're pocket ?

Yep I call it the little book of massive c.u.n.t.s. You will be happy to hear you have the lead role.

:RpS_thumbsup:

DannyMac your in there too

Last edited:
Can i just ask why the sponge is in such a 2 and 8???? Im guessing i should probably read through some other posts to find a sponge debate but now im here i'll ask the question.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.