Lose one job get another, strange old world

Members online

Mouldyoldspudgun

Just lost dot , dab and skim a pair of three bed semis yesterday, go to work this morning and pick up three weeks outside rendering. Pucka result, massively undercut on the semis though.

Mouldyoldspudgun

I am expensive and rough and come to mention it very slow but we keep working year in year out on word of mouth so must be doing something right and I am going to get myself a sun hat as @zolco suggested, don’t know what colour yet though, must match my red shorts I guess

beader

Private Member
did it not cross you mind mouldy May have been very expensive ? You need to stop being so presumptuous young lady :coffe:
A bit like presuming that the plaster on old walls will be good enough to take a coat of skim. Lol:whistle:

Vincey

Private Member
I normally kick walls and feel them tbh when quoting but anyway glad you sorted mouldy . All these customers send us all mad

gps

I normally kick walls and feel them tbh when quoting but anyway glad you sorted mouldy . All these customers send us all mad

You are invited into someone’s house and you start kicking the walls lol you don’t half tell some lies

Vincey

Private Member
You are invited into someone’s house and you start kicking the walls lol you don’t half tell some lies
Seriously mate I do I’ve always done it I call it the kick test to see if walls ok , same with ceilings always ask if it’s ok to have a quick feel, push,punch, tap to see it’s ok

gps

Seriously mate I do I’ve always done it I call it the kick test to see if walls ok , same with ceilings always ask if it’s ok to have a quick feel and give it a good push to see it’s ok

So you walk into mrs jones’s House with new cream carpets with your dirty work boots on and start kicking walls lol

I’ve got the funniest mental image of Pete, going absolutely crazy quoting! “Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhh!!” Kung foo kicking walls and punching the ceiling! :LOL:

Vincey

Private Member
So you walk into mrs jones’s House with new cream carpets with your dirty work boots on and start kicking walls lol
This is why I like coming on forum before I always presumed everyone does same but obviously not

I was told very early on in career to toe poke with steel toe caps low down to assess the situation

Vincey

Private Member
So how do you lot access walls and ceilings out of interest, obviously Gordon doesn’t as we all know now , any tips ?