Looking to work on weekends for free but... (Croydon area)

Members online

Rowan Scott

Hi all,

As the title says I'm looking to work for nothing on the weekends but my only request is that whoever, or if someone takes me on, I will want to practice actual plastering on every job and not just labour the whole time.

I have no experience in actual plastering, rendering etc however I have been a labourer for a plasterer in the past and know how to mix, plasterboard, scrim tape joints, PVA etc etc..

Also watched countless vids on the different stages of plastering so I am pretty clued up on the techniques for each i'd say :)

Cheers,
Rowan

Hi all,

As the title says I'm looking to work for nothing on the weekends but my only request is that whoever, or if someone takes me on, I will want to practice actual plastering on every job and not just labour the whole time.

I have no experience in actual plastering, rendering etc however I have been a labourer for a plasterer in the past and know how to mix, plasterboard, scrim tape joints, PVA etc etc..

Also watched countless vids on the different stages of plastering so I am pretty clued up on the techniques for each i'd say :)

Cheers,
Rowan

so you want someome to spend their time over the weekend training you for free.

what disturbed world are you on ??

I hope lewis hamilton takes me out every weekend to show me the ropes.

You should've posted this yesterday mate, was desperate for someone to jump in for a day, in the end i just stayed at home

Hi all,

Cheers,
Rowan

I use to work for free thats how I found the two plasterers that I worked with for a couple of years... shows your keen and no pressure on them to find money to pay you....

"so you want someome to spend their time over the weekend training you for free.

what disturbed world are you on ??

I hope lewis hamilton takes me out every weekend to show me the ropes."

I am asking someone to allow me to work for them for £0.00 in return - how is this bad for them? A lot of people in the trade work on weekends or at least Saturday regularly no?

A trade for free?.How much are them courses in England?,Give a local man the money and he'll train you for the money and time as a course.I'm no economics expert but i know plastering is going well in the U.K. And fairly well in Ireland at the moment.You won't learn this trade in a few weekends and then get the money good men are getting now after going through a couple of recessions.

Learnt alot just labouring learns you how to mix consistently and look forward to what's needed ahead of the game how to be tidy which is all part of the plastering game and if your doing all that and watching the trowels and techniques of the trowels your wanting to go for the big step and trowel on but nobody on a Saturday or Sunday will have the patience cos they got to get to the bookies or the boozer so your best option is get someone who is prepared to let you trowel on in front off them until your experienced enough to say I only want to trowel on not just labour show your eagerness and do everything not stipulate you only want to trowel attitude gets you a long way the wrong attitude gets you hee haw good luck though on your journey

Best of luck Rowan. Some spreads may be hesitant as they may see you as competition once you get the hang of it and they've trained you for free?? Then there's the other who will see your gesture as a positive as it shows your keen (can't teach that) and they don't have to pay you. Best of luck anyway and keep posting how you get on? (y)

Honestly Good luck finding someone mate, it's a good thing to be keen but you need to walk before you run. Try to not be so inpatient about getting on the trowel every job and I'm sure you will find someone to take you on. It's gonna take a long time to learn anything just on Saturday mornings though, it'll be better for you going full time!

Yeah probably should have emphasized in OP that i would do all of the labouring too and just have a little go each time on the trowel - this was my vision anyway.

I think you would be a great labourer for someone... good attitude and you cant knock that