Looking to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescoen

Hello,
I'm looking for work as an apprentice/labourer, really i'm looking to learn how to plaster, I'm 23 and have worked with plasterers and dry liners from near enough when I leff school mostly on site with dry liners the first I was just the loading donkey and wasn't getting taught a thing and the second work dryed up so I ended up getting a job in a warehouse for the past 2 years which I recently quit.
I've been to college for 1 day a week a few years ago while I was working, didn't learn a great amount.
I live in birmingham and don't have my own transport or a cscs card (I will get one asap if anyones willing to teach me). I have some tools.
I'm willing to work for free as long as i'm learning I don't mind doing all labouring needed but I think if I work for free then whoever takes me on won't feel like they are not getting their monies worth and will want to teach me.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone even if you think its a bad idea and if it is I guess its back to the shitty warehouse jobs

you seem to have the right atitude, your showing wiling and not expecting mega wages to start with. best of luck with it

cheers, it's not about the money its just about learning the trade properly to a high standard, you get out what you put in. just a shame theres nothing out there

Status
Not open for further replies.