Looking to gain experience, Derby

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzawatkinson

I'm doing 2 days a week at chameleon school of construction in swadlincote Derbyshire wed+thur doing a level 2 diploma I'm looking to gain on the job experience I'm 27 hard working and willing to learn I have my own vehicle

if you guys are willing to do some freebie labour,am sure a local spread will take ya under their wing....good luck:RpS_thumbsup:

Thanks Spread. And yeah Spunky maybe not being free all the time will be a hinderance, but we've had such a good intro into plastering and learnt so much on this course in our few weeks of being there that personally I don't want to give it up. I think over the next 30 weeks or so my knowledge will increase drastically, so might actually start to understand well what everyone's on about. (I know you completely hate courses, and will probably shoot me down, but this course has been the best stepping stone for me as it's been really hands on with everything explained well for a complete newbie by very knowledgeable guys).

Hah, no it isn't as difficult as I thought it'd be. But for someone that's never dabbled in it before I just want to make sure I get everything right. I don't wanna be another cowboy out there, have had enough of them working on my houses in the past :RpS_sneaky:

Ooh you're like sherlock holmes lol. Yeah I'm sure there'll be a few more pop up soon. I bet there's probably a few already lurking. I would have never realised it was you if you didn't write Chameleon in the OP.

Yeah, I had to fill out a different portfolio to you, but that only took like 20 mins, and then was told I could head off home early if I wanted, but decided to have another bash at rendering to make the most of my time there. Then about half way through Chris tells me you're all doing new stuff, and I was like FFS, but I couldn't be arsed clearing it all away just for a bit of the talk. Did I miss much?

Ah OK, not too bad then. I think Chris said that he'd be going through a fair bit of that in his sessions anyway, so hopefully I'll catch up. I'm assuming we didn't get any 'homework' for over the half term?

Well at least it's something fairly simple, and shouldn't take long. I thought he was on about us designing the front of a house a few weeks ago, but I'm guessing he forgot about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.