Looking for your wisdom

Members online

ArthurJob1

Hello Chaps/Ladies

Small time property developer, done a few houses and trying to do as much of the work myself.
Learnt a lot from reading threads on here.

Just got a speedskim to hopefully make skimming ceiling a little less unenjoyable

Less unenjoyable?
english GIF

Hello Chaps/Ladies

Small time property developer, done a few houses and trying to do as much of the work myself.

Just got a speedskim to hopefully make skimming ceiling a little less unenjoyable
Are you a Shortarse??

Hello Chaps/Ladies

So u want advice on how an when to use it,basically put the speed skim on the pole attachment lock it in place extend the pole if need be then walk with it from one side of the room to the other ill take 5% commission when u flog this house your working on

So u want advice on how an when to use it,basically put the speed skim on the pole attachment lock it in place extend the pole if need be then walk with it from one side of the room to the other ill take 5% commission when u flog this house your working on
3+ metre ceilings. Pole ain’t going to cut it.
Jokes on you, would’ve given you 7.5%

‘Learnt a lot from reading threads on here.’

like …handboard or hawk???..

why is it, when I hear ppl talk about speedskims I want to punch them square in the face???‍

anything plastic shouldn’t be near plaster..

Last edited:
‘Learnt a lot from reading threads on here.’

like …handboard or hawk???..

why is it, when I hear ppl talk about speedskims I want to punch them square in the face???‍

anything plastic shouldn’t be near plaster..
blue plastic one to flatten 1st coat,,saves jumping up and down ,,,put it away,,steel blade one to flatten 2nd coat, once again saves jumping up n down,,put it away,,finish with steel trowel,,job done,,,been plastering on high end stuff for 44+ years and was loath to try it,,revelation mush,,got to move with the times baby,,,if god forbid i was on site work (which i have never done) speedskim would be my finishing tool cos thats all them s**t metreage prices deserve

blue plastic one to flatten 1st coat,,saves jumping up and down ,,,put it away,,steel blade one to flatten 2nd coat, once again saves jumping up n down,,put it away,,finish with steel trowel,,job done,,,been plastering on high end stuff for 44+ years and was loath to try it,,revelation mush,,got to move with the times baby,,,if god forbid i was on site work (which i have never done) speedskim would be my finishing tool cos thats all them s**t metreage prices deserve

I gave a brand new one away here for nothing a little while ago,can’t remember who..
Just not for me,ppl enjoy them..I personally don’t..
I did see on a site(wimpey) 12 plots get ripped to peices and redone,all due to plastics???…
If it’s your thing it’s your thing…

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-105835_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-105835_Gallery.jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20211029-105939_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-105939_Gallery.jpg
    880.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20211029-110008_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-110008_Gallery.jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20211029-110205_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-110205_Gallery.jpg
    935.6 KB · Views: 165
That was the one I gave away,I can see the advantage on wear and tear on the arms etc
But just didn’t warrant it on my jobs,it’s like the time old question too…sponge or not to sponge,horses for courses…but I love a sponge..,super flex and trowel for me.

That was the one I gave away,I can see the advantage on wear and tear on the arms etc
But just didn’t warrant it on my jobs,it’s like the time old question too…sponge or not to sponge,horses for courses…but I love a sponge..,super flex and trowel for me.

there shite mate

I know lads who can use them

but destroy themselves using them

over and over again
fuuck all that (y)

same old shite

plastic can certainly be used

but only in the right hands

https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/broken-record.81394/ (y)

I gave a brand new one away here for nothing a little while ago,can’t remember who..
Just not for me,ppl enjoy them..I personally don’t..

Are you on about these or Speedskim?

I've never used one, personally, but I recall that the Nela Max / Ox Semi-Flex had some controversy surrounding them for a while. The design always seemed a bit odd to me, what with the centre of it being slightly concave. Seemed like it might slightly increase the risk of exerting a narrow area of pressure onto the plaster, which I suppose might encourage ripples, if used too early in the set. That's only a guess - I'm not stating it as a fact.

I did see on a site(wimpey) 12 plots get ripped to peices and redone,all due to plastics???…

Two kids on job few weeks back . Got a court letter after using plastic.trowels on a job. Had to go back do a full house again out.of love

Long old thread about plastic trowels, a while back:

Seems a few members experimented for a while with different franken-plazis, but then all went quiet.

image-jpeg.9153

bb1262ac-0076-46cf-90bd-58b44b3e2592-jpeg.58448

5266e51d-b7ce-4ce4-bca1-60f5e6a8029d-jpeg.40000

Last edited:
I'm sorry
what's your point of interest
You didn't even bother taking the sockets off...
I'd stick to sites. Nothing to go around and no chance of f**k**g anything up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029_223958_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029_223958_com.android.chrome.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 115