looking for work in thanet, kent area

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlbentley

hi my names karl. ive just completed a level 2 diploma in plastering. 1 years course. have done a few private jobs. and am finding it hard to get a job, as plasterers are looking for expeienced plasterers. i would be happy to start of as a plasterers mate and work my way up. if anyone could help me out, i would appreciate it. thanks in advance.:RpS_thumbsup:

what did u have to do on the course to get your diploma. i was thinking of going on a level 3 course to get a diploma so i can go to oz. am plastering 15 years but i need a diploma to get into oz.

its not forward am going its f ucking backwards.

Last edited:
depends where u go to get it done mate, your best bet is to phone about and see who's offering what. Gold trowel in essex and able skills in dartford in kent both have good reputations.

come 2014 everyone who learned on site but doesnt have the nvq/c&g will have to get one. The government wants everyone who is practicing a trade to have a pro qualification and therefore accountability. Just like plumbers and sparks cant work without there certs. They are extending that philosophy across all the trades.

diploma level 2 . was plastering, rendering, screeding and fibrous work. really easy, done it at thanet college, the level 3 is more classroom work on the bussiness side of it, thats why i didnt do it.

its 1 years course at 2 and a half days a week. you can even claim jsa why you do the course. you get a bout 10 assignments and there piss easy. you would have to be a compleat numpty to fail the course. and there were some right numptys there who passed.

Still reckon yr better off goin somewhere like goldtrowel, most people who go to the private training centres actually wanna be there cos theyre paying. If yr on the rock n roll u can get help with yr fees. Costs about 3k wherever u go for the 6 week course from what ive seen.

i cant get the rock n roll. am in ireland so ill have 2 do the course in northern ireland i dont think goldtrowel are in the nort.

There is **** all work down thanet way mate, can you drive?

If not you will find it hard

its 1 years course at 2 and a half days a week. you can even claim jsa why you do the course. you get a bout 10 assignments and there piss easy. you would have to be a compleat numpty to fail the course. and there were some right numptys there who passed.

That's the spirit ffs

w**k*r

JSA - is Job Seeker Allowance
if your over 18, usally the job centre pay for you to go to the course, and you can only train 16 hours a week, so it dosent effect your benfeits.

matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.