Looking for spreads....

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windy2484

So I'm working for a guy a few days a week, he has taken on more work, it's all site work and mostly skimming fresh board.

He is looking for a couple of extra guys and I suggested that I put an ad on here as its been a great source of finding extra work and advice for me!

The work is paid on a day rate and the work is ongoing for various new built sites around the nottingham area....

cheers all....

I would but my day is only till 8-12..I probably get sacked after 1st day..:RpS_lol:all best though windy

When for windy,full time is a no go but could probably find a some time here and there between rendering in the better weather.

So I'm working for a guy a few days a week, he has taken on more work, it's all site work and mostly skimming fresh board.

He is looking for a couple of extra guys and I suggested that I put an ad on here as its been a great source of finding extra work and advice for me!

The work is paid on a day rate and the work is ongoing for various new built sites around the nottingham area....

cheers all....

Can you pm me the day rate

I work when I've haven't got my private work to go at....he is fine with that...just needs reliable people really....I like my cups of coffee too much :RpS_thumbsup:

I'll be honest guys the money ain't great....but I've got a lot from this forum in a short space of time so I thought if I could help someone like myself who is starting out within plastering then it would be a bonus....

I get out mostly for a pizz,feed the cats,walk the dogs,let them poo.home feed the dogs,have a tea and cereal,let dogs out after feed,stop cats escaping,feed the fish,check the iPad for emails and news etc, leave the house ,start the van,collect my man,head to work if I remember where it is, money is decent enough for day work,I'm left alone ,appreciated ,paid on time. Wishing I was a young man again though

I'll be honest guys the money ain't great....but I've got a lot from this forum in a short space of time so I thought if I could help someone like myself who is starting out within plastering then it would be a bonus....

Is the money not great because your just starting out? Is he not paying the going rate for experienced spreads?

I hate employing other spreads when I'm busy.the standard of there work is normally very poor.rarely is there any good one's out there

thats just the norm lol , and yes they are some good one out there id say around 3% of whats around

I'd say he doesn't pay the going rate no,but for me its a case of being busy as I seem to get calls for my private work and from other builders I've worked for. My business is in the early days yes so I'm happy to take home the cash and improve my skimming and knowledge of being on site....it will be nice to say "feck off" I need at least x amount to get out my warm pit!! Someday soon!!

I get out mostly for a pizz,feed the cats,walk the dogs,let them poo.home feed the dogs,have a tea and cereal,let dogs out after feed,stop cats escaping,feed the fish,check the iPad for emails and news etc, leave the house ,start the van,collect my man,head to work if I remember where it is, money is decent enough for day work,I'm left alone ,appreciated ,paid on time. Wishing I was a young man again though
Any chance of taking another spread on:RpS_sneaky:

Rarely. There are many good spreads out there probably better than you.Probably spreads who can't be arsed with covering up carpets and furniture bit actually can spread to a very good standard on site unlike many of the chances on here who skim a ceiling and a bedroom wall and charge a fortune.like I said chances who wouldn't get a living in the real world.

Im quite good at covering carpets, funiture ,to a good standard too. Tea biscuits, bit of chat...skim walls , ceilings, bit of coving, boarding etc alsorts really . some times even get to skim boards ?.....

Thats my real world? My living....And where is this fortune you speak of:RpS_unsure:

35 pound a day I get that an hour almost any way .loads a divvys on ere will do that

£35 an hour :RpS_scared: I'm out of touch with the latest rates, I thought a decent rent boy got twice that. You must have an arse like a tuba :RpS_thumbsup:

Subcontract plasterers available for work nationwide,24 yrs EXPS on sites nationwide /nvqs levels3/2 plastering/rendering /tape and jointing /CSCS /utr/ van tools/iphaff /tel mike markland/07968160084

Sent from my iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.