Looking for plasterer to reskim crazed wall Benfleet Essex

AlexS

Hi all,

I’m looking for a plasterer to reskim 2 walls in my house. Approx 14m2. SS7 postcode.

There are 3-4 areas on the bigger of the walls which crazed when the last plasterer skimmed the wall, and 2 areas on the smaller wall. I don’t know a lot about plastering and don’t know if it can be meshed and skimmed over, or just scrimmed and skimmed over. Or if I’ll need to scrape off the skim applied and start again on those two walls.

The trouble is I’m up against it time wise, I’m getting married in 4 weeks and I really needed one room in my house finished before the wedding.

I’ve mist coated the walls as advised to do by the previous plasterer but it hasn’t hidden the problems. Tapping the area around a couple of the crazed areas it does sound blown, but not on all of them.

I would really like a decent plasterer to come in and sort out the problems. As time is of the essence I appreciate I may have to pay over the odds to get it done properly and quickly.

I’ve learnt my lesson and know you get what you pay for!

happy to send photos to anyone who might be able to help me out.

Cheers

It's 'possible' to bed mesh into the entire area, using further coats of plaster/bonding, but that's definitely not the right way of doing it.

Lipstick on a pig.

If it's blown (not a big surprise given that the overskim has crazed) then you already know what you need to do, but you're not learning your lesson from last time.

Hack it off, back to brick, and then get someone in.

Hi all,

I’m looking for a plasterer to reskim 2 walls in my house. Approx 14m2. SS7 postcode.

There are 3-4 areas on the bigger of the walls which crazed when the last plasterer skimmed the wall, and 2 areas on the smaller wall. I don’t know a lot about plastering and don’t know if it can be meshed and skimmed over, or just scrimmed and skimmed over. Or if I’ll need to scrape off the skim applied and start again on those two walls.

The trouble is I’m up against it time wise, I’m getting married in 4 weeks and I really needed one room in my house finished before the wedding.

I’ve mist coated the walls as advised to do by the previous plasterer but it hasn’t hidden the problems. Tapping the area around a couple of the crazed areas it does sound blown, but not on all of them.

I would really like a decent plasterer to come in and sort out the problems. As time is of the essence I appreciate I may have to pay over the odds to get it done properly and quickly.

I’ve learnt my lesson and know you get what you pay for!

happy to send photos to anyone who might be able to help me out.

Cheers
Feel free to contact us, A & D Chapman Plastering