looking for labourer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
Must be based near yate Bristol or own transport and either school leaver or less than 19 years old nmw and will train the right person self employed basis

Infact I might put myself forward for this one, though I don't really fit any of your criteria. I'm 21, in London (though willing to be relocate, I know Bristol quite well and have places to stay there)....I have my CSCS card (if that means anything)....I'm doing one of those short plastering courses this week coming up, I fully expect it to be full of people who would consider themselves seasoned spreads after doing a four day course, but I thought it would give me a good introduction then I can really focus on looking for a plasterer to work under.
I'm really keen to learn the trade. Like super keen. And I need someone to give me a chance. My email address is samandlaura5@gmail.com if you want to have a chat, I could send you my number as well.
So yeah :)
Sam

I have no roots, no fixed accommodation or the such....It would be nice to find someone around here, simply because I have friends here, and I know the place, but I just can't find anyone. Like I said I'm willing to move anywhere really.

How much do you sort your labourers spunk? i had a lad lined up to start already passed his level 2 at college and from talking to him he seemed promising with good attitude said he can skim but wants to work on his boarding. I offered him starting rate of fifty quid a day for general labouring duties ect and maybe the odd cubboard wall to do untill i decide hes good enough to go it alone on his own walls. Says he cant do it as the money is not enough? this kids fresh out of college and knows Fook all,

Hi sam im based in the west midlands so might be a bit far for you to travel and i know youve said you would re locate in previous post but not sure id want you to up root and move to the midlands, you might not want to plaster once you have tried it or you may not be what im looking for who knows? so wouldnt want the responsibility of making you move.

How much do you sort your labourers spunk? i had a lad lined up to start already passed his level 2 at college and from talking to him he seemed promising with good attitude said he can skim but wants to work on his boarding. I offered him starting rate of fifty quid a day for general labouring duties ect and maybe the odd cubboard wall to do untill i decide hes good enough to go it alone on his own walls. Says he cant do it as the money is not enough? this kids fresh out of college and knows Fook all,

id pay nmw and expect him to labour on me and see how it goes if all they want to do is slap it on the wallls there no good for me

its an odd one atm. all the young lads seem to think theyre worth 70-80 a day when they cant do anything for some reason. even £50 is a fair bit of extra money to cover each day

Hard to find good hard working lads who want to learn, too many fresh out of college/courses expect to earn mega bucks with no real experience.

I'm not an ultra novice mate. Obviously I've got a lot to learn, and heaps to practice, but I've done enough of it now to know it's what I want to do.
But hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.