Looking for Internship

Plasterwitch

Hi! I am studying plaster restoration and application at The American College of Building Arts in Charleston, South Carolina in the USA
I would like to find an internship this summer if borders are open and travel allowed.

Welcome along!

why not show some pictures of your work to date? I’m sure it would be more helpful to your cause.

All the best

Hi! I am studying plaster restoration and application at The American College of Building Arts in Charleston, South Carolina in the USA
I would like to find an internship this summer if borders are open and travel allowed.
Come and work for me for nothing if you want.

Hello and welcome along. Unfortunately there are not many members on the forum from the USA. Of the few, I think one is based somewhere around Seattle and another Texas.

Good luck.

I’ve definitely got a position pm me x

Welcome along!

why not show some pictures of your work to date? I’m sure it would be more helpful to your cause.

All the best
I’m working on a lime and gypsum wall at school. It’s the only work I have to show. It’s brown coat and not finished

Attachments

• 51CE1EDE-3D6E-4EF0-A2D0-5FFD13C1B13B.jpeg
    51CE1EDE-3D6E-4EF0-A2D0-5FFD13C1B13B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
I’m working on a lime and gypsum wall at school. It’s the only work I have to show. It’s brown coat and not finished

That’s better, now people can see where you’re up to. Shame that this is a uk site and not many from US on here. Go through your local newspaper and call round plastering companies. Best of luck!

Welcome along. I've heard of that school but never researched it much. I'd be curious to hear what you thought of it. Despite the pandemic work hasn't really slowed down for me at least but I have been working solo for awhile and jump between tile and plaster jobs.

What type of plaster are you looking to learn about? They're are so many fields to specialize in within the trade you may want to pick a more specific direction. (Interior vs exterior. Stucco, (render for our uk friends) veneer plaster, full coat plaster, lime/venetian decorative plasters, ornamental plaster... You get the idea, lots of options.

Welcome along. I've heard of that school but never researched it much. I'd be curious to hear what you thought of it. Despite the pandemic work hasn't really slowed down for me at least but I have been working solo for awhile and jump between tile and plaster jobs.

What type of plaster are you looking to learn about? They're are so many fields to specialize in within the trade you may want to pick a more specific direction. (Interior vs exterior. Stucco, (render for our uk friends) veneer plaster, full coat plaster, lime/venetian decorative plasters, ornamental plaster... You get the idea, lots of options.
@heritageplasters. The school is a 4 year program where we are taught all aspects of plastering. The final year we graduate with a capstone project. This is my first year. We are doing Flat work now working with lime. During the summer we must work as an intern somewhere to gain more insight into the trade. I came on here seeking out some thoughts on where I can reach out to in order to secure a spot. I think at this point any type of experience- be it interior or exterior is going to be good for me. I prefer decorative arts and Venetian