Looking for a labouring Job, West Sussex/Hampshire/East Sussex

Members online

Aaron.B

Hi Guys,

Im 24 years old and im desperate for a start as a plasters labourer. Im currently attending college every Monday and partaking in a NVQ in plastering, But can be flexible on that im looking to get some onsite experience. Not afraid a hard days work. Own vehical, wouldn't mind a commute, Would be happy with a Basic rate as just want the experience not a mess around, CSCS card holder. Own PPE. happy to travel to Southampton to Brighton and anywhere in between, Free right away Up and till the 13 of November then on holiday for 2 weeks. then free again for the foreseeable. Thanks For reading, thought id ask as we all got to start somewhere right

cheers

Aaron

Hi guys, sorry to bump the thread. Thinking about getting in contact with some local firms, to see if they got any room for a labourer, any advice on how to go about it?

Cheers
Aaron

Hi guys, sorry to bump the thread. Thinking about getting in contact with some local firms, to see if they got any room for a labourer, any advice on how to go about it?

Cheers
Aaron
Get there number and ring them.If I was in your position i’d spend a day going around and walking into jobs enquiring is there any work going and leaving your number.It’s not an easy thing to do but you’d get great respect for it.

Thank you buddy, I'm going to email a few firms tonight, then I've cleared a few days this week to approach speak to a few sites/jobs. Hopefully someone knows someone, I'm sure there out the just got to find them!

Hello guys, Sorry to be a pain, been in touch with a few firms this evening! and had a few emails back which is great they have all been really helpful! A couple have asked me about how much cash I want to be taking as a day rate if any work comes up, what's the going rate? Obviously this will vary, For someone in my Position? £55 - £60? Aim of the game I want to help a firm to make there money! and get some experience

Hello guys, Sorry to be a pain, been in touch with a few firms this evening! and had a few emails back which is great they have all been really helpful! A couple have asked me about how much cash I want to be taking as a day rate if any work comes up, what's the going rate? Obviously this will vary, For someone in my Position? £55 - £60? Aim of the game I want to help a firm to make there money! and get some experience

Just say what you think is fair for what you can do and what you’re happy with.

If you say £55-60 they’ll prob bite your hand off, which isn’t a bad thing if you get your foot in the door. When I first started labouring I was paid £50 a day . See what the others here think

Agree with Jess its about what you can afford to live on, but you are doing the right thing .....get in there lol