Looking Bi

hail hail

Private Member
No, haven't jumped over to the dark side looking some swingers who are into this so you can put your pumping cockle away now if ya into that sort of thing!

But since I have your attention, I've been trying to locate some walnut or oak bifold doors in UK that delivers to Ireland. My living room, kitchen,dining is all open planned. Great in spring/summer and parts of autumn but in late autumn/winter it's a big area to heat :(.

So I'm wanting to install folding doors that can close over in cold spells and go back to open plan when it heats up outside!

Been on the phone to one or two over there and they don't deliver to here. Can't seem to find anyone selling them here eithe. Also haven't the time either to search through the net so thought might try here just incase I get lucky.

Last edited:
Not sure if they supply the sort you're after, but Howdens have a depot in Antrim. Failing that, you should be able to get them made locally.

Not sure if they supply the sort you're after, but Howdens have a depot in Antrim. Failing that, you should be able to get them made locally.

Was thinking that. Was into the local door store and they suggested this but they mentioned it'll be expensive. Would want one that comes complete and hang myself or get joiner to throw it up.

It can sometimes work out not much different in cost if you want solid wood. If you have veneered/engineered wood made by Ting Tong and Co supplied by Howdens or similar then it will be cheaper. Get a couple of quotes and see how it works out.

get a local guy to make one for you made to measure. As imago suggested Howdens could be an option but their gear is absolutely shite so as jeldwen. I'd avoid them. In reality it will cost you a bomb to get a walnut or oak bifold made. Get a pine one, get a decent deccie on it to spray paint it and finish it with a clear automotive lacquer for durability.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There's loads on eBay try message them if they would deliver to Ireland

get a local guy to make one for you made to measure. As imago suggested Howdens could be an option but their gear is absolutely shite so as jeldwen. I'd avoid them. In reality it will cost you a bomb to get a walnut or oak bifold made. Get a pine one, get a decent deccie on it to spray paint it and finish it with a clear automotive lacquer for durability.

Hate pine doors now! Been looking at 16 of the f**k**s in my house since built it and detest them. Going to chage them all to walnut or oak thou not doing it in one sweep. Going to get them for my living room, kitchen, utility and the folding doors for splitting my living/dining area for now.

Hate pine doors now! Been looking at 16 of the f**k**s in my house since built it and detest them. Going to chage them all to walnut or oak thou not doing it in one sweep. Going to get them for my living room, kitchen, utility and the folding doors for splitting my living/dining area for now.
I don't blame you!
How big a bifold you looking for?

There are cheaper alternative hard woods than oak your not on the other side of the world, might be worth hiring a van and pick up.

Maybe 2.5 or 3m wide and normal height.
662d5ce3df3f82ee362a6e59981f3254.jpg
looks reasonably cheap to me

662d5ce3df3f82ee362a6e59981f3254.jpg
looks reasonably cheap to me

Reasonably cheap!! That's an external door. Just found this on eBay! Will get the misses to email them tomorrow. Hopefully they can get it here for reasonable postage rate.

Screenshot_20160918-225010.png

Just make sure to ask if they're solid oak as opposed to 'oak foil' which is a way of avoiding saying veneer. Veneer in itself isn't a bad thing, but they tend to have a very open chipboard core (as per Howdens etc.).

Just make sure to ask if they're solid oak as opposed to 'oak foil' which is a way of avoiding saying veneer. Veneer in itself isn't a bad thing, but they tend to have a very open chipboard core (as per Howdens etc.).

They don't deliver to Ireland. Phoned fed ex, they looking 500 postage. Looks like I'll try find the right rails, hinges and a good joiner because 500 postage is madness!

Have you got any mates in england who might like a holiday at yours and could drive them over?

They don't deliver to Ireland. Phoned fed ex, they looking 500 postage. Looks like I'll try find the right rails, hinges and a good joiner because 500 postage is madness!

Fricken hell... sounds like they did not want to sell them to you...

Have you got any mates in england who might like a holiday at yours and could drive them over?

Do I have friends in England, are ya mad. I don't even have friends here because I'm a horrible f**k*r :(. Wee lonely pint :hola:

Do I have friends in England, are ya mad. I don't even have friends here because I'm a horrible f**k*r :(. Wee lonely pint :hola:
I was gonna say the same :) I know a guy who can make them here and im prepared to get on the boat with them aslong as you supply The van and I will fly home :) where are you?

I was gonna say the same :) I know a guy who can make them here and im prepared to get on the boat with them aslong as you supply The van and I will fly home :) where are you?

f**k that, you must be the one seen bi and have the pumping hard-on now lol. Ya can stick to fabswingers for that carry-on :bananas::bananas:

All jokes aside thou, sure by time ya pay on boat, diesel and your time, it'll be near the 500 anyway. :cry:

f**k that, you must be the one seen bi and have the pumping hard-on now lol. Ya can stick to fabswingers for that carry-on :bananas::bananas:

All jokes aside thou, sure by time ya pay on boat, diesel and your time, it'll be near the 500 anyway. :cry:
Do i get to ride the arse off you? The 500 is th van and the plane home I'm sure I can get the doors cheaper :)