Lookin for apprenticeship/chance to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essex

Hi all

Well I worked for a builder for 16months doing all sorts of labouring found a keen interest in the plastering unfortunately he couldn't keep me on went onto working for a estate agents doing property maintenance then work dried up there so I have been trying since mid December to frantically find a chance/oppurtunity to get into plastering somehow with not much luck stumbled over this forum and thought no harm in asking and seems a great place for advice...well I'm 23 from Basildon Essex email mr.s.brown@hotmail.com.

thanks
stu

Really? Must admit emailed/and phoned loads between here and east London not much luck yet...anyway nice to meet you thanks for the reply

Looks like I'm out of luck there Keith but appreciate the try :) anyone else know any plasterers near me? Thanks people

Search checkatrade plasterers near you. Better off getting In with a gang as they will have more work on to keep them going and you no they will be good. If you go with a one man band U may get bitched and learn some cowboy moves. Good luck :-]

Thanks mate ill check that out mate thanks a lot :) I see you thoughts on a gang and agree but but of a tall order

Search checkatrade plasterers near you. Better off getting In with a gang as they will have more work on to keep them going and you no they will be good. If you go with a one man band U may get bitched and learn some cowboy moves. Good luck :-]
Lol what a load of shite

After a phone call today a guy has offered me to come along Monday and help him for the day for £20 covers me fuel and hopefully will show me some stuff :) hopefully the persistence is starting to work and something full time will come up soon :)

thought I'd share as seems mainly doom n gloom on here :)

Hey everyone just thought I'd give you a update and let you know I'm now working refitting bathrooms for the council although not much chance to learn to learn plastering am going on a 15 day apc plastering course funded by my bosses wallet lol hope everyone is well

Status
Not open for further replies.