longest day

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

so got down to lancaster,turns out it was a chinese take away honestly the kitchen was dirty/disgusting,everything i touched was sticky, greasey , and fat everywhere,scaffold in bedroom was 4 six foot batons resting on 2 trestles , no plaster, joiner said he was going to pick some up and he would be 10 minutes, 1hour later he returns he had got lost on the way, so finally started skimming ceiling,then dragging scaffold round,skimming ceiling dragging scaffold round,you get the picture, got ceiling skimmed started to clean up sweep floor etc,moved my gear downstairs for the kitchen ceiling, only been out the bedroom 15 mins went back in sawdust,offcuts,everywhere joiner telling me to calm down messy fcker,quite happily plastering away on kitchen ceiling when a heated arguement breaks out between plumber and joiner,ignored them and carried on,kitchen was disgusting stale food/grease /fat smells all over my overalls, finally hometime very hot, feeling de hydrated,stinking of grease/fat, set off back home just as we were slowing down but still moving approaching a set of traffic lights the plumber leans over and smacks the joiner who is driving the van in the face the van swerves but he keeps control, everybody out now here i am at a set of traffic lights keeping these two apart while they are shouting and arguing, got back in van me sitting between them not one word said on journey back home,got home at 7pm clothes straight in wash,me in bath stinking of grease stale food etc thinking to myself how do i get these jobs,a long day, thanks for all your concerns cheered me up all best hector, going for a pint now but still cant shake this smell off.:RpS_mellow:

well done for carrying on hector but at least its done an money in pocket!!.if you had of drove down yourself youd have left!!we all been hit with jobs like this but ive never had to part two blokes scrapping on site like that or seen an idiot punching a driver!!lolyou gonna do any more for them?:p

did anyone manage to get the Samaritans number for hector in the end, it seems to be getting worse:-0

All the joking aside mate that is a story that you couldn't make up.:RpS_laugh:Well done for getting it all done.i think I would want 10pints to get over that,then a day off after to recover.

The plumber wasn't daft, he was making sure he got dropped off first :RpS_thumbup:

the plumber did indeed get dropped off first bubbles, it was a very long day glad its over,dragging the scaffold round the room was the worst bit,plastering/polishing the ceiling is enough to do , and as for those two barmpots well these are grown men,good tradesmen , glad its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.